Training of excellence, paid internships, career service, international networking and many others benefits for your professional and personal development. Teaching formulas for every demand.
Starting date: each year, in March and October.
The global fashion market is worth roughly three trillion US dollars each year, representing 2% of the world's Gross Domestic Product. The prime contenders among this rich industry’s sub-sectors are womenswear (621 billion), menswear (402 billion), childrenswear (186 billion), and sportswear (90.4 billion).
To get an idea of the overall magnitude of the value created, just consider that wedding apparel on its own generates a sales volume of 57 billion US dollars, not to mention all those activities that are usually only partially associated with the fashion world, such as beauty products and some trendy household accessories.
Furthermore, Italy is definitely the right place to deepen one’s knowledge of and study fashion management, due to both tradition and culture, and economic factors. In the past, the fashion market has consistently represented one of the most important fields of the Made in Italy domain; the same can be said today, as 2017 sales figures total 87 billion euros (an increase of 3% over 2016).*
But fashion is not only about numbers; it’s about creativity, passion, ways to socialise and express oneself. For these reasons and because of this complexity, it is essential to gain a good knowledge of the types of management, communication, and marketing that make up the fashion universe, just as it is to learn to understand the types of technological innovation related to it.
The Rome Business School’s MSc in Fashion Management is geared to provide all the tools necessary to interpret, forecast, and follow this sector’s phases and trends, and is aimed at students, professionals, and entrepreneurs in the fashion, design, and luxury industries who wish to acquire the basics of and the ability to interpret the evolution of this special market, setting up and maintaining successful businesses.
The Fashion Market
- The fashion industry and its evolution in various cultural and geographical contexts;
- The fashion system: types of businesses (from haute couture to fast fashion)
- Elements of consumer sociology
- Elements of fashion history
- Business strategy and company organisation
- Economics and company management
- Marketing management
- Digital marketing
- Accounting and management control
- Project Management
- Business Planning
- Human resource management
- Menswear, womenswear, childrenswear
- Beauty and personal care
Fashion TouchPoints and Communication Strategies
- Targeting, experiential branding, and holistic marketing in fashion
- Luxury Fashion: direct marketing, heritage marketing, ambient marketing, and packaging
- Naming, branding and guidelines for their use
- Visual Branding and Creative Direction: expressing exclusivity
- Public relations, the press office, and institutional communication for fashion
- Analysis and design of web-based supports, and elements of SEO
- Social networking in the fashion sector
- Brand monitoring for fashion
- Retail branding: point of sale furnishing and layout
- Shows and events
Technological Innovation in Fashion
- Point of sale and interfaces
- Online presence and mobile app functionality
- E-commerce and new forms of distribution
Fashion in the Made in Italy Domain
- Case histories, company visits and testimonials
Learning options and tuition fees
The Rome Business School’s MSc in Fashion Management's participation fee is € 6.500,00. The course is available either on-campus or through distance learning, and is structured in:
- 6 months of lectures
- 6 months of project work
- International internship opportunities
- Company visits
- Cultural programme
In this video, you can listen to the experience that Temitope had while studying at the Rome Business School. You too can make a life-changing experience, apply now!