Do you want to broaden your knowledge of European politics and policies in a programme that combines the study of political science with international relations, history and sociology? Are you ambitious, with a keen motivation to pursue a career that requires strong research competencies, such as in a think tank or in academia, or jobs in politics and journalism? And are you interested in being part of a small, close-knit community of students and researchers? If so, the two-year interdisciplinary European Studies programme is the right choice for you.
- Choose a study specialisation (year 1): Europe and the World / Governance and Representation in Europe / Historicising European Union.
- Choose a graduation package (year 2): Double Degree / Study Abroad / Research Internship.
- A small, close-knit community of students and researchers (average intake 12-15 students)
- Over 90% international students
- Awarded 'Top Rated Programme' label (Higher Education Guide/ Keuzegids 2017)
- Top-rated faculty (Higher Education Guide/ Keuzegids 2017)
- Scholarships are available towards tuition, maintenance, study abroad and internships
Why this programme?
The research-intensive master’s in European Studies is an interdisciplinary programme that combines political science and international relations with history and sociology. Research plays a primary role from the outset, with research projects integrated into each core module. You will gain in-depth training in methods such as quantitative and qualitative techniques, comparative methods and discourse analysis. You will also develop skills in designing research, writing research proposals, publishing your work and applying for funding and research positions. For the elective component, you can choose to take specialised courses, complete a research internship or do an exchange abroad. The master’s programme culminates with a thesis and the development of a PhD research proposal.
In this programme, you will:
- Learn to critically analyse and discuss challenges facing the EU
- Gain experience working in a multidisciplinary, international academic environment
- Receive in-depth training in conducting high-quality research
- Focus on designing, implementing and publishing your own research
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018