The EuroMaster is an interdisciplinary programme taught in English geared towards an international range of young and mid-level professionals as well as advanced students from across the political sciences. It provides students with advanced academic training across a wide range of EU policies and concepts in order to gain a thorough understanding of the process of European integration in both its economic and political dimensions.
The Programme operates as a “Master after Master”, required students to have strong and consistent marks across a minimum of 4 years of study.
What can I study?
The EuroMaster offers a common core of 4 courses (21 ECTS) on the essential features of European Integration:
• Economics of European Integration
• Policy-making and Interest Representation in the European Union
• History and Law of the European Union
• Research Methods Lab
After these 4 mandatory courses, students have to take 2 pre-selected specialisation options (24 ECTS), to be chosen from the list of 4 below:
• European Economy
• Migration and Europe
• European External Relations and Security Policy
• European Environmental Governance
Students also have to complete a Master Thesis (15 ECTS)
Total: 60 ECTS
It offers students an education of the highest academic standards on the European unification process. The Master is designed to provide graduate students of different backgrounds with an expert knowledge on European legislation, European institutions and the economic integration process.
Who can apply?
The EuroMaster is oriented towards both full-time students as well as professionals, who seek to deepen their understanding of the EU. For this purpose the Euromaster classes are organised after working hours to enable both full-time students and professionals to attend the lectures. To qualify for admission you should have:
• a university degree equivalent to Master’s degree in Social, Economic or Political Sciences, Business, Law and/or Contemporary History consisting of a programme of at least 240 ECTS.
• excellent academic results for both prior degrees of 70% (2nd class honours upper division, Belgian equivalent; upper 2:1 UK equivalent, 2.8/4 GPA).
• proven proficiency in English: -TOEFL-test (min. score 233 computer based, min.score 90 internet based, min.score 577 paper based) -IELTS (7); -Cambridge Certficate of Proficiency in English-CPE ; -Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English-CAE (grade B); -ITACE (at the VUB)-C1
For more information visit the IES website dedicated to this programme: www.euromasterinbrussels.eu
The teaching staff in the IES’ Euromaster programme is a unique mixture of renowned EU scholars and top-level EU practitioners who combine academic rigour with the latest practical insights and cultural diversity. Applications and scholarships Visit our website for details on how to apply.
The programme offers a limited number of scholarships that take the form of a reduced tuition fee. These are awarded on the basis of academic merit and demonstrable need. Students should apply for the tuition waiver when submitting their application for the programme.
Career and alumni
All IES students can benefit from career advice, including interview preparation and CV review at the VUB Career Centre. To find out more about this excellent service, please visit this page.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 1, 2017