The International Hellenic University is Greece’s first state university, where programmes are taught exclusively in English.
It already attracts a strong international academic faculty and outstanding students from Southeast and other European and Black Sea countries.
As a state University, all degrees awarded are accredited by the Government and are recognized in the European Union and internationally.
The IHU MSc in Environmental Management and Sustainability focuses on understanding the current status and future trends in sustainable development and corporate responsibility. The programme provides the necessary theoretical background to understanding the concept of sustainable development in relation to the operation of firms and organisations and the applied tools and techniques to integrate sustainable practices in their management. The programme offers two streams of specialisation: - Environmental Management - Sustainable Tourism Management
The Core Modules
- Introduction to Environmental Science and Sustainable Development
- Business and the Environment
- Introduction to Environmental Economics and Policy
- Quantitative and Research Methods
Students who choose to follow the Environmental Management stream are required to complete the following four modules:
- Environmental Management Systems, Auditing and Assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Assessment, CBA
- International Environmental Policy, Governance, Institutions and Stakeholders
Students who choose to follow the Sustainable Tourism stream are required to complete the following four modules:
- Strategic Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- Strategic Marketing for Sustainable Tourism
- The Economics of Sustainable Tourism
- Sustainable Performance Measurement Systems in the Hospitality and Tourism
The Elective Modules
The consulting project
During the third quarter, students have the opportunity to participate in a consulting project relevant to the Stream they have joined. Students, organized in groups, take up a real life problem of a particular firm or organization, they analyze it and they offer concrete and practical solution(s). Each group of students is guided and supervised by a management member of the firm or organization. The final report is critically reviewed by a faculty member and presented in the presence of representatives from all participating firms and organizations.
In the final semester, students choose a dissertation topic relevant to the Stream they have joined in the second semester. The topic is chosen by the student with input and advice from a faculty who acts as the supervisor, working closely with the student. The dissertation is an individual 10,000-word paper of original scientific (theoretical or applied) work, which upon completion is submitted for examination and approval by a three member committee chaired by the student’s advisor.
Applying for the MSc in Sustainable Development
To be considered for the MSc in Sustainable Development at the IHU, candidates are required to have:
- a good university degree in a relevant subject from a recognised University
- proof of English competence (Proficiency or recently acquired IELTS or TOEFL)
- two academic references
A personal interview may be required.
Applications are open until all the available places are filled. Therefore you should apply as early as possible to ensure place availability. The courses start every October.
For more information please use the following contact details:
School of Economics and Business Administration
T: +30 2310 807 528
F: +30 2310 474 520
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017