The Master in Environmental Engineering corresponds to a 2nd cycle, involving a total of 120 ECTS, distributed over two academic years (4 semesters).
This educational offer aims at the training of professionals capable of designing, planning, designing, managing and executing solutions having as object of work the Environment. On the other hand, it seeks to convey an integrated view of environmental problems in order to encompass the inherent technological, ecological and socio-economic aspects. In addition, versed materials and the way they are taught can respond to the requirements of the business fabric, both in the industrial and the consulting field, and in the central and local administration, and may also be directed to research and technological development activities. In this context, the main objectives of this masters course are:
- Consolidate knowledge in order to show a professional approach in the area of the Environment;
- Encourage the understanding of physical, chemical, biological and economic processes related to the operation of environmental systems;
- To implement the development of skills that allow the analysis and evaluation of environmental problems, based on the knowledge acquired in the different areas, in an integrated perspective;
- Consolidate the capacity to solve environmental problems in its multiple dimensions;
- Develop strategies of an environmental nature that translate into the promotion of sustainable development;
- Enhancing knowledge development capabilities, ranging from literature research on the specialty, designing and designing experiences, interpretation and discussion of results, to the use of models and the use of simulation;
- To consolidate transverse, generic and applied skills to Engineering and Environmental Sciences, namely communication, management and the ability to develop teamwork.
The 2nd Cycle in Environmental Engineering will begin class activities in the week of October 10 to 14, depending on the time to be published. The teaching activities will take place during daytime hours.
The Masters in Environmental Engineering are intended to integrate the staff of companies or organizations in the Environment sector, namely central public bodies (cases of the Water Institute and the Institute of Nature Conservation), regional (Regional Directorates of Environment and Planning Regional Commissions for Agriculture, Regional Health Associations, etc.) and local (Municipalities and Offices of Local Technical Support). Likewise, they can be extended to the level of the business fabric in the various domains of the environment, from consulting to the definition of monitoring, treatment and audit projects. Future Masters can also integrate multidisciplinary research teams in the field of Environment.
About the School
A Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, sedeada em Vila Real, mais conhecida por UTAD, é uma instituição orientada para a criação, transmissão e difusão da cultura, do saber e da ciência. Situa ... Read More