The Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing (MScEGM) is a joint award offered by the Department of Marketing, Hong Kong Baptist University and the Grenoble École de Management on a 15-month full-time study basis.
The programme is designed for students who seek a graduate education in order more easily to advance into management and other leadership roles or to start a career as an entrepreneur. Applicants from all countries will be considered if they can demonstrate the necessary language skills.
The curriculum has been carefully designed to embrace a global view with global case studies and a business project addressing the principles and practices of entrepreneurship and international marketing management. More importantly, having the students spend one semester in France and one semester in Hong Kong will generate synergies between two institutions steeped in the business practices of very different regions of the world. For the students this will bring the best sort of global exposure.
By spending the first semester in France and the second semester in Hong Kong, students can experience firsthand the east and the west in one single year through global exposure.
World Class Learning Experience
A unique international cooperative opportunity for students to experience high quality learning and teaching that utilises the strengths of two research-led business schools, which offer internationally recognised business and management programmes.
Hong Kong's first joint Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing, leading to a single master degree to be issued jointly by Hong Kong Baptist University and Grenoble Ecole de Management.
Opportunity to Work in Hong Kong
Non-Hong Kong graduates of the programme can apply to stay and work in Hong Kong for 12 months after graduation, no matter they have been secured an offer of employment or not.
- Provide students with entrepreneurial knowledge and skills for handling complex, dynamic and global business issues encountered by an organization.
- Develop students’ understanding of marketing theory and practices to enable them to build and critically evaluate strategies that meet the business challenges of globalisation.
- Develop students’ innovative thinking to address issues and problems arising in an organisation and in the social environment.
- Provide students with a unique opportunity to experience high quality international education delivered by two research-led business schools, where they will interact with faculty and students from different cultures.
Grenoble École de Management
Founded in 1984, Grenoble École de Management (GEM) in Grenoble, France is ranked the 6th Best French School (Le Point 2018, 2019) and 21st Best European Business School (Financial Times 2017), and has the expertise in Technology and Innovation Management to become a world leader which is based in the world’s fifth most inventive city (Forbes magazine). Grenoble École de Management offers 50 programmes from undergraduate to doctoral levels, and has 8 international campuses, such as Berlin, London, Moscow, etc
Students will demonstrate an understanding of entrepreneurship theory, tools and business models by applying them to propose integrative solutions to business problems.
Students will demonstrate an understanding of the marketing knowledge required by conducting marketing activities in a global context.
Students will apply analytical, critical and creative thinking for managing change and creating new businesses.
Students will demonstrate teamwork and oral and written communication skills in managing innovation and solving business problems.
The programme has 33 Hong Kong Baptist University units of taught courses. The business project (or academic dissertation) accounts for 9 Hong Kong Baptist University units. Requirements of the programme are as follows:
Semester 1 (Starts in September) - Grenoble Ecole de Management (18 units)
- MKTG 7010 Startup Creation Process and Entrepreneurial Ecosystem (3 units)
- MKTG 7020 Entrepreneurship and Business Opportunities (3 units)
- MKTG 7030 New Venture Business Planning, Small and Family Business (3 units)
- MKTG 7040 Accounting and Finance for Entrepreneurs (3 units)
- MKTG 7050 Strategic Management (1.5 units)
- MKTG 7060 Marketing Planning (1.5 units)
- MKTG 7070 Advanced Effective Sales, Negotiation & Intercultural Communication (3 units)
Semester 2 (Starts in the following January) - Hong Kong Baptist University (15 units)
- MKTG 7080 Corporate Entrepreneurship and Business Development (3 units)
- MKTG 7090 Leadership and Team Building for Entrepreneurs (3 units)
- MKTG 7100 Digital Marketing Strategy (3 units)
- MKTG 7110 Socially Responsible Entrepreneurship in an International Context (3 units)
- MKTG 7120 Global Marketing (3 units)
- MKTG 7130 Business Project / Academic Dissertation (9 units)
Total Units: 42 units
Remark: The study curriculum may change from time to time.
To qualify for admission, applicants shall normally meet the following requirements:
Applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits, in any discipline from a recognised university or comparable institution.
English Language Requirements
Fluency in English, either proof of English Medium of Instruction of the Bachelor’s degree obtained or one of the following English test scores:
(English test scores must be communicated to Grenoble École de Management by the beginning of July)
- International English Language Testing System Academic (IELTS) - 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all components (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in all bands)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE) - A, B or C
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) - 63 (minimum)
To apply, applicants must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
Seed Funding Support for Start-Ups Projects
At the end of the programme, students will have the chance to pitch their business ideas to investors and might receive Venture Capital Funding to found their own companies. Up to HKD 1 million will be awarded for potential start-up business projects.
Social Enterprise Fund
By developing a Social Enterprise Proposal that seeks to tackle a local or global social concern and maximize the social impact of the social enterprise, students will have opportunities to get attractive seed funding for successful proposals.
Scholarships (which may be in the form of a tuition waiver) will be offered by the Hong Kong Baptist University as follows:
- HK$25,000 /HK$50,000 each for students with GMAT score of 650/700 or above respectively#
Successful Start-up Award
- HK$50,000 for a student who starts up a business by the end of the Programme^
Academic Excellence Award
- HK$10,000 with academic excellence upon completing the programme for top 3 students.
Lifelong Learning Award
- Graduates (with an associate degree or above) of Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong Baptist University-School of Continuing Education or United International College are entitled to a Lifelong Learning Award of HK$10,000 if they are admitted to this programme. This award will be issued by the Department of Marketing, Hong Kong Baptist University in Semester 2.
Financial Support from the Angel Funds
- Seed funding support is available for qualified start-up projects.
Scholarships offered by Grenoble Ecole de Management
- For details, please visit: https://en.grenoble-em.com/scholarships-funding-your-gemggsb-program.
# The Scholarships may be offered subject to availability.
^ The scholarship nominations are subject to final scrutiny by and approval of the Programme Panel.
The above information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice. Hong Kong Baptist University reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in the case of any dispute.
Exempted Course at Non-local Courses Registry, Education Bureau (Reference number: 472820/472821). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
About the School
For more than half a century, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) has been at the vanguard of business education in Asia, molding generations of business leaders. Steeped in a tradition of academic ex ... Read More