Business and Austrian economics
This brand new master’s program combines high-level economics with application-oriented courses in business and finance. It is the first English-taught master’s program in Europe that is solidly rooted in the tradition of Austrian economics.
Austrian economics, by its very nature, is entrepreneurial economics. No other school of thought investigates markets under the paradigm of human action and constant change that is driven by entrepreneurs. Combining classes in business and Austrian economics is thus a natural step. Together, they build a first-class education portfolio that teaches theoretical understanding, entrepreneurial thinking and independent decision making.
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify for the master’s degree program:
- Online application for the winter semester by August 31st; for the summer semester by February 15th
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree, a German Diplom or Magister
- Final grade of “Good” (GPA: 2.5), otherwise a letter of recommendation from the previous university
- Focus on economics or business within your previous studies (alternatively, you may attend preliminary courses)
- Good English language skills (at least level B2)
- Interview in English
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree generally enables you to go on to do Ph.D. studies leading to a doctorate. However, the specific entrance requirements and the terms of admission for such programs are determined by the degree-granting institutions.
"Entrepreneurs must understand the economy and the business world. Knowing the rules of the game enables them to successfully operate in their field of action. The rest is attitude and passion. Here is where you get all of that.” Prof. Dr. Stefan Kooths, Program Leader
- Winter 2015-09-30
- Summer 2016-03-21
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 9, 2017