The MSc in Enterprise Application Development programme is designed for those who aspire to be Software Architects. To architect and engineer large scale software projects, one needs to learn the technologies and techniques beyond the level of a first degree.
For the first time in Sri Lanka software engineers and software developers now have the opportunity to follow a world-class Masters Degree programme offered by Sheffield Hallam University, UK, in Sri Lanka at the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.
SHU is one of the most progressive and innovative universities in the United Kingdom recognized as a centre of Excellence for Teaching and Learning. SHU has recently been ranked as the number one University, the UK in teaching quality and student learning experience. For more visit SHU.
- Disseminate best-practice in the design, implementation and deployment of leading-edge enterprise systems
- Expose students to the use of modern design and implementation techniques and give the opportunity to use those techniques in building large-scale systems
- Maximise the employability and future career prospects of graduates whilst providing employers with highly capable staff who can demonstrate and apply their technical skills to modern business situations
- Provide students with opportunities to develop and improve their professional and managerial skills in developing enterprise IT systems based on best-practice
- Give students the opportunity to consider future directions and new technologies within enterprise computing and to enhance their analytical and communications skills
- Be a key building block in students’ lifelong learning.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
Knowledge and understanding covered by the Programme. By the end of the programme, the candidate will be able to
- Explore the varied technological environments in which enterprise systems exist
- Evaluate, draw conclusions about and make forecasts based on the diverse and changing business and technological environments within which he operates.Analyse complex problems in the implementation and use of large-scale IT systems and suggest appropriate approaches to solving them Apply problem-solving, design and research skills in order to develop successful large, complex software applications
Intellectual/Subject/Professional/Key skills covered within the Programme: by the end of the programme the candidate will be able to
- Identify, explore and make informed judgements relating to the design and implementation of IT systems within enterprises Architect solutions using technologies such as J2EE and .NET Utilise appropriate information in order to design and justify innovative solutions to complex and unpredictable problems Reflect upon his personal professional practice demonstrating appropriate and effective leadership, communication, negotiation and organisational skills to aid life-long learning and continuing professional development Exercise professional and ethical judgement in decision making and communication with all business contacts
- Apply research, information gathering, design and implementation techniques appropriately and effectively Communicate effectively in order to enhance the understanding and engagement of a professional audience.
Program taught in: