- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Master, full-time
- Nominal Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: MSc (Master of Humanities Sciences)
- Tuition fee: €3600
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programs is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: June 30
- Studies commence: September 1
Master English and Another Foreign Language (German/French) and Business Communication
The aim of the program is to train specialists having interdisciplinary educational background – linguists, who are familiar with English and another foreign language (German, French) business discourse, have competences in subject-specific terminology and business communication, are able to solve business information and communication tasks that are related to the establishment and management of modern businesses, and are able to conduct scientific research in linguistics.
Specifics of the program implementation: the program is oriented towards the management of typical situations occurring during occupational activities. Such specialists shall be able to apply interdisciplinary knowledge and practical skills in their occupational activity.
The structure of the curriculum
Course units of the program: Business (English/German/French) Discourse, Business Creation Principles, Methodology of Scientific Research/Linguistic Research, Discourse Analysis, Leadership and Business Ethics, Text Analysis and Translation (English/German/French – Lithuanian), Business Lithuanian Language, Rhetoric in Business Communication, Strategic Communication, Business Design Methodology.
Career possibilities: not only shall graduates of the following study program obtain a Master's degree in linguistics, acquire competence in two marketable foreign languages – English and German or English and French – and be able to easily apply them on the labor market, but also gain business communication knowledge. The following shall greatly influence the possibilities of career and graduate employment.
Graduates of the program shall be able to work in international relations offices in various organizations, economic services, business consulting companies, the work of which is related to the implementation and development of the international business. Specialists shall be demanded in big business, medium and small business sectors, where proficiency in foreign languages is as beneficial as knowledge of business communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in English/German/French philology or linguistics;
- Bachelor's degree in any other field and completed minor studies in English philology or B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in the marine field.
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide.
- Wide range of programs.
- International studies in English.
- Young and rapidly growing.
- High-quality education for a reasonable price.
- A member of the European Union.
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe.
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany).
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania.
About the School
Klaip?da University started its academic activities with three faculties (those of Marine Engineering, Pedagogy, and Humanities and Natural Sciences) and about 3,000 students.