Choose Kingston's Engineering Projects & Systems Management MSc
This course, accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), provides an excellent opportunity to improve your current technology portfolio with a spectrum of engineering operations and project management skills. As a result, you will enhance your employment prospects and your ability to apply for senior engineering management roles.
The MSc will meet, in part, the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Accredited MSc graduates who also have a BEng(Hons) accredited for CEng, will be able to show that they have satisfied the educational base for CEng registration.
- The course is designed to complement your engineering degree with a rich spectrum of engineering and project management skills.
- Academic teaching is supported by specialist speakers from industry, keeping you up to date with the challenges and developments in the real world.
- Skills learnt in hands-on practical sessions using the latest software are easily transferred into any working environment.
What will you study?
You will learn how to apply advanced project management and resource optimisation skills and will be able to identify, evaluate and recommend solutions to critical engineering management problems that need improvement. You will study the important ingredients of running a successful business, and how to improve its operations, productivity and competitiveness by using different management techniques specific to engineering companies. You will be able to develop and manage new projects more effectively and within the given constraints in functions, cost and time. You will also learn how to expand your business through deploying the latest e-commerce and IT techniques.
Throughout the course, you will have many hands-on sessions to practise what you have learned in the classroom. These practical skills will be obtained by using the specialist software in operation management, quality analysis, business decision modelling, supply chain management and resources simulation. The project dissertation will allow you to develop a chosen field of knowledge which will complement your career ambition. Teamwork, group presentations, case studies and industrial speakers are other highlights of the course, enhancing your learning experience and employability.
Coursework, software session reports, group presentation, research project.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Engineering Projects and Risk Management
- Industrial Operation Management and Resources Simulation
- Engineering Research Techniques, Entrepreneurship and Quality Management
- Engineering Individual Project
Option modules (choose one)
- E-engineering Systems
- Green Engineering and Energy Efficiency
- Mechatronic Design and Automation
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
- MSc part time £3,465
- MSc full time £6,300
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
- MSc part time £7,095
- MSc full time £12,900
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018