This is a two-year master's program on top of a bachelor of science in engineering - or a bachelor of engineering degree in Mechatronics, or another relevant bachelor's degree.
Choose a profile
The master program is based on two blocks: a compulsory block called Advanced Mechatronics and Scientific Methods and a specialization where you can choose between two academic profiles: , Embedded Systems or Cyber-Physical Systems.
About the master degree
A master of science in engineering program is a two-year study program on top of a three-year bachelor's degree.
With a master's degree, it is possible to continue your studies at a three-year Ph.D. program in one of the research areas at the Mads Clausen Institute. Teaching can take place exclusively at the institute or it can be a project carried out in cooperation with an industrial partner and, perhaps, a different institute or university.
The main focus of all engineering programs at the University of Southern Denmark is the professional ability and the programs are all rooted in research and development environments of a high international standard.
You acquire the ability to:
- think and work in a problem-based, project-oriented and interdisciplinary way
- work independently as well as in teams
- manage and be in charge of a project
- to employ your strong analytical and problem-solving skills solve tasks in an international and social context
- exploit your knowledge about the needs of the business world and experience in working with high-tech companies.
You become a development engineer with special competencies in mechanics, electronics, and software – and knowledge of the interplay between these disciplines. The study programs qualify you to carry out, participate in, or lead the development of mechatronic products. Furthermore, you will be qualified to do research within the field of mechatronics.
With a master of science in engineering degree in Mechatronics you will have the following competencies:
- Ability to design and calculate mechanical designs
- Ability to design and calculate electronic circuits
- Ability to develop software for intelligent products
- Ability to work in a company’s development department independently and in teams
- Ability to model and build mechatronic systems and implement these systems
- Ability to apply technological knowledge and theories for the development of new products
- Qualified for project management of product development assignments
- Ability to carry out development projects independently and in teams
- Specialized knowledge within either of the profiles: Nanotechnology, Embedded Systems or Dynamic Mechatronic Systems
- Knowledge of the most recent research within your academic profile
- Ability to identify scientific problems of research within your academic profile.
A master's degree in Mechatronics qualifies you to apply for and study a Ph.D. program.
With a master degree in Mechatronics you are qualified for jobs as, for example:
- Development engineer, e.g. with managerial responsibility
- Project manager
- Specialist in specific technologies
- Consultant or customer adviser
- Project salesperson
- Researcher at universities in Denmark or abroad
- Entrepreneur with your own company.
With this program, you are qualified for a job in Denmark or abroad and for studies at the Ph.D. level.