The rapid digital transformation is posing new challenges for business and politics as well as society in general. At the same time, it is creating an increasing demand for a well-educated workforce, especially in the field of microelectronic applications with a growing focus on power electronics. The new master’s program “Power Electronics” will be an innovation driver for this dynamic technology sector. Creative ideas can be developed and actively promoted in this program, offering young people the opportunity to gain experience and shape the future with us.
photo courtesy of Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
Students of the master’s program will be provided with a comprehensive, theoretical, and practical understanding of the technology, development, and application of current power electronic components and systems. This educational program focuses on the conception, design, modeling and simulation, control and protection, construction, assembly, and testing of power electronic circuits and systems for intelligent and efficient energy conversion. In the course of their education, graduates will acquire scientific competence in the field of technical research, ranging from literature study to systematic problem formulation and solving as well as the publication of their results. Moreover, they will gather valuable experience and self-confidence in professional teamwork, communication, and discourse with colleagues and external contacts.
Student admission: Bachelor in Electronics
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!
- Physics of Electronic Devices
- Power Electronic Concepts & Circuits
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Power Electr. Measurement & Sensing Concepts
- Power Electronics Laboratory I - Basics
- Academic Skill
- Power Devices and Technology
- Power Electronic Topologies & Applications
- Converter Dynamics and Control
- Design of Power Electronic Systems
- Power Electronics Laboratory ll - Advanced
- Project l - Concept Study
- Industrial Drives & E-Mobility
- Advanced Topics in Industrial Applications
- Smart Power Electronics
- Analog & Digital Controller Design
- Management Skills
- Project ll - Practical Implementation
- Master Thesis
- Master Thesis Seminar
- Master Exam
- Presence Friday afternoon & Saturday
- Remote learning activities during the week
- Tuition fee: € 363.36 per semester
- Student Union Fee: annual adjustment, around € 20,-
- Academic Degree: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
- ECTS Points: 120
Graduates of the master’s program “Industrial Power Electronics” will easily be able to find employment with microelectronics companies and semiconductor manufacturers, electrical utility providers, public transport facilities, and companies in the automotive, aerospace, and aviation sectors as well as the telecommunications branch. Electrical engineers in the field of power electronics are concerned with the efficient conversion and transfer of electrical energy from its generation to its various application levels. In the master’s program “Industrial Power Electronics” aspiring engineers are prepared for the technological and methodological challenges in their future field of modern power semiconductors and their industrial application in power electronics energy conversion.
About the School
Since its inception, the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences (CUAS) has developed into a unique educational institution in Carinthia. Due to the constant further development of the study programs ... Read More