With an M.Sc. in Engineering - Electronics you will be a specialist in power electronics and embedded systems that are found in almost all electronic equipment today. You will learn to combine the two academic fields in practice and thereby play a central role in the development of the future's intelligent products. For example, hybrid and electric cars use power electronics and intelligent control to ensure reduced energy consumption.
First job guarantee
As an engineering student at SDU Sønderborg, you are guaranteed your first job when you finish your M.Sc. studies (applies for students starting from September 2020).
Three academic fields
At the program, you will be educated in three academic fields: power electronics, embedded systems, and integrated application with the focus on industrial applications.
The world's collective energy consumption is soaring which has led to an increased focus on the need to convert energy production from the use of fossil fuels to renewable energy, for example in the form of sun and wind energy. Power electronics is the key to new sustainable energy solutions.
In short, power electronics is the optimal conversion of energy from one electric energy form to another. This conversion is found everywhere there is the need to change electric energy's form, for example, voltage, current, phase, or frequency. The use of electric energy conversion is increasing as the evolution of power electronic components is undergoing rapid development.
The program's second academic field is embedded systems that are found in nearly all electronic equipment and smart solutions. To add to the future's products and services intelligence, electronic systems are also embedded. Embedded systems are found everywhere and are used in all market sectors such as energy, health care, environment, agriculture, communication, entertainment, textiles, transport, logistics, chemistry, food, and materials.
Examples of integrated applications where the combination of power electronics and embedded systems plays a major role:
- Power electronics and embedded systems, used for controlling the rotation speed of wind turbines in order to produce maximum power.
- Energy from solar panels is converted into power by utilization of power electronics and embedded systems.
- The transportation sector is a major energy consumer where hybrid and electric cars rely on power electronics, embedded systems, and control in order to ensure reduced energy consumption.
- Storage of energy in water reservoirs or pressure tanks is done by means of power electronics combined with embedded systems.
- Power electronics and embedded systems are used in space crafts and satellites for converting energy from solar panels, fuel cells, and batteries.
- Every day and industrial products such as televisions, ovens, cars, watches, drones, power supply, and robots, etc.
Since power electronics and embedded systems play a central role in the future's products, services, and energy development, this degree offers many career options in many different branches and types of companies - in Denmark and abroad.
Examples of jobs you can do with an M.Sc. in Engineering - Electronics:
- Project leader of development projects
- Research and development engineer
- Technical manager
Typically you will find employment within branches that work with the development of sustainable energy, energy conversion, transport systems, automation, robot technology, and research.
About the School
University of Southern Denmark has created an institution of higher research and education which provides first-class educational opportunities and is cooperation partner for both public and private b ... Read More