Energy Technologies and Management Master’s Program with Thesis is a research-oriented 2-year graduate program, designed for students motivated to equip themselves with technical, scientific and economic skills to understand and solve energy challenges both at the national and global levels. This full-time program allows students to work on interdisciplinary research projects in areas such as renewable energy systems, sustainable transportation, electric and hybrid vehicles, batteries, fuel cells, energy systems modeling, and energy economics. Its flexible curriculum aims to provide students a diverse range of options that suits best to their needs and interests. The target audience is students with backgrounds in engineering and natural sciences, however, the program is also open to students coming from economics and management backgrounds who are willing to work at multidisciplinary projects with technical aspects.
Applications for graduate programs are evaluated by the respective Admission Jury along with individual program entries. Admission is finalized by the approval of the related Graduate School Board upon the recommendation of the Jury and announced to the applicants.
Applicants may be called for written exams and interviews. All written exams and interviews are held in English.
Your registration will be done upon the approval of the Turkish Higher Education Council regarding the equivalence of the last graduated higher institution and the course of study.
- Online Application Form: Candidates can apply for more than one program via the online application form. Separate forms are to be filled for each applied program. Print-out of Completed Application Form should be added to the Application Package. Applicants can either submit the application package including the required documents in person or can send via post to Student Resources. A separate application package is to be submitted for each applied program. All the application documents become the property of Sabancı University. It is suggested to keep the original reports of TOEFL, GRE and ALES scores for you, and apply with the copies of those exams.
- Official Transcript: Sealed and taken from Student Resources/Affairs of the applicant's university indicating the courses and grades taken.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: These should be either submitted online or posted in a sealed envelope. After you complete your online application, an email will be sent automatically to your recommenders which you enter to the Recommenders part. Recommenders can click the link to write the recommendation letters or give letters in a closed envelope signed and stamped.
- One Photograph: If you have already added one photograph to your online application, you do not need to send it.
- Result for Graduate Program Entrance Exam: Any of the following science test results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period: ALES: Numerical ALES min. score 65; GRE : 153 (Scores on the Current Scale); GAT: Accumulative Percentile : %60 (for international student). Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted during admission. Graduate Program Entrance Exam Results must have been taken no more than ALES 3 years, GRE 5 years and GAT 2 years.
- English Proficiency Exam Result: As the language of instruction at Sabancı University is English, any of the following English Proficiency Exam results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period: TOEFL: Min. score 80 in an Internet-based test; KPDS: Min. score 67; ÜDS: Min. score 67; YDS: Min. score 67; e-YDS: Min. score 67. PTE: Min. Score 69; CAE: Min. B; CPE: Min. C. Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted during admission. After the test date, TOEFL, PTE scores are valid for 2 years, CAE and CPE scores are valid for 3 years and e-YDS, YDS scores are valid for 5 years.*
- Statement of Purpose
- Degree Requirements: An undergraduate degree is required in order to apply for all graduate (master's and Ph.D.) degree programs. It is possible to apply for Ph.D. programs with only undergraduate or undergraduate + master's degrees. Holders of all major degrees are eligible to apply. An applicant should have an undergraduate or graduate diploma in order to be admitted to a graduate program and a graduate diploma for a doctorate program. Applicants must complete their previous degree programs by the admission period at the latest.
About the School
Sabanci University is a leading university in Turkey which provides a fully English education backed by a world class faculty. One of the top research universities in the region, SU is the place to be ... Read More