Our Masters in Electrical and Electronic Engineering is an advanced course designed for engineering graduates to enhance their skills in this area of high technology. The ever-increasing pace of developments in all areas of electrical and electronic engineering, (and in particular in the systems that are related to energy and the environment), requires engineers with a thorough understanding of operating principles and design methods for various modern electrical and electronic systems. As a graduate, you'll be able to not only respond to the latest changes but also to look ahead and help in shaping future developments.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||1 year||September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time||2 years||September||Southwark Campus|
- Digital signal processing
- Pattern recognition and machine learning
- Advanced Instrumentation and Design
- Advanced power electronics and renewable energy systems
- Technology evaluation and commercialization
- Technical, research and professional skills
- MSc engineering project
The acquired skills in computer control and AI techniques offer additional scope for jobs in the design of decision support systems that cross traditional boundaries between engineering and other disciplines. (i.e. medical, finance). Successful graduates will enjoy exciting career opportunities from a wide range of industries, such as electrical energy supply and control, electronics and instrumentation products and services, intelligent systems and automation to include: automotive, aerospace, electrical and electronic consumer products, telecommunications. The students can also pursue Ph.D. studies after completing the course.
Engineering management skills
Engineering employers have expressed their need for engineers with a solid grasp of the business requirements that underpin real engineering projects. Our course incorporates a management-related module focused on entrepreneurship and project management. This management module develops our graduates' commercial awareness and ensures that they have the skill-set valued by industry employers.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
This Engineering Masters course is aimed at graduates in the science and engineering fields who have prior experience of various technical backgrounds: i.e. electronics/electrical, telecommunication, computing, telemetric, networking, healthcare; who wish to obtain further specialized study and training in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
In order to be considered for entry to the course applicants will be required to have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor degree equivalent to UK Second Class Honours Lower Division in Electrical, Electronics, Communications or Computer Engineering; or
- Professional qualifications (e.g. CEng) along with several years of relevant industrial experience (should include analytical work). The relevant industrial experience is to be assessed by the Course Director.
- Overseas applicants are required to have a minimum English language IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any of the components.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018