Note: This program is for International Applicants Only, and does not lead to New York State leadership certification. It is designed to serve those international students who aspire to leadership roles in elementary and secondary schools. Applicants should have experience teaching children or adolescents and working with adults at these levels.
This program is right for you if...
- You believe that educational leadership is exercised by teachers and other school professionals as well as administrators;
- You appreciate the need to grapple with a variety of theoretical and policy perspectives;
- You are ready to challenge yourself to identify and address the tensions inherent in different ways of understanding the purposes and processes of education;
- You want a program that prepares you for leadership in both field and academic settings by integrating the insights afforded by each;
- You want a program that cultivates a closer connection between the university and the field, through active involvement of field leaders who will work with you in advisement instruction and assessment;
- And you want to learn through intensive involvement in a variety of forms of research, development, inquiry, and service in actual school settings.
What do I need to apply?
- A completed application for graduate study at Syracuse University;
- A personal statement that explains how your work with other adults and your knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and service to children demonstrates your capacity for and interest in leadership for learning;
- Two official transcripts of all prior academic work;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- TOEFL or IELT scores if your first language is not English;
- Resume required;
- GRE's are NOT required;
- An interview is not required, but can be useful for sharing information and be a valuable opportunity to learn more; phone interviews can be arranged;
- $75.00 non-refundable application fee.
What is the Application Deadline?
- The deadline for summer admission is MARCH 1.
- The deadline for fall admission is JUNE 15.
- The deadline for spring (January) admission is DECEMBER 1.
- Applications are considered for Fall, Spring or Summer, although a summer or fall start is recommended.
- Those who wish to apply for a School of Education Scholarship should apply by January 15 for the following fall semester. Scholarship questions should be directed to Angela Flanagan at 315-443-4754.
For general information about graduate admissions and study, please contact Speranza Migliore at email@example.com or 315-443-2505.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 12, 2018