This new course is being introduced at the School of Management from September 2017.
Our MSc Economics programme aims to provide students with a thorough grounding in the core aspects of advanced micro and macroeconomics, as well as econometrics, whilst allowing students to undertake specialized modules in some of the subject’s sub-disciplines.
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- 93% of Swansea students in employment or further study within six months of graduating
- High contact time – each module includes a 2-hour lecture (class sizes approximately 150 students) followed by a 1-hour seminar/tutorial (class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
Graduates may pursue a number of professional economist career pathway opportunities in the finance or management consulting industries.The sophisticated and multi-faceted transferable skills acquired by the programme will also open doors or provide stepping-stones to a wide variety of other less specialist career paths in commerce, industry and academia.
Students must attain a minimum 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an economics related undergraduate degree.
Non-native English speakers must achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5. A list of equivalent tests is provided here. If you have studied an undergraduate degree taught through the medium of English you may be exempt from this requirement.
For students who fall short of only the English language requirement, we offer a range of Pre-Master's training programmes that you may take before starting your Master's qualification.
For students who fall significantly short of the general entry requirement, we offer a Pre-Master’s programme via International College Wales Swansea that will allow you to enter our postgraduate programmes.
In September 2015 Swansea University became one university with two stunning campuses; located in acres of tranquil parkland and on the majestic sweep of Swansea Bay. All programmes delivered by the School of Management are now taught at the Bay Campus both new and continuing students.
The Bay Campus is situated in an outstanding location on the eastern approach into Swansea, with direct access to the beach and its own seafront promenade. The campus features modern and bright student accommodation, including standard, premium, twin and wheelchair accessible rooms.
Bay Campus facilities include:
- Central support services for students housed within the Tower Information Centre
- State of the art library and resource centre
- Students’ Union
- The Great Hall – incorporating the Stanley Clarke Auditorium, lecture theatres and a cafe offering magnificent views of Swansea Bay
- Extensive catering and grocery provision including cafeterias, bar, supermarket, launderette and cash points. All of this will be in addition to recreational sporting facilities and a beach for all to enjoy.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018