Designed for graduates in economics related subject areas who are seeking an advanced programme to enhance career and/or further research opportunities. Develop the skills and expertise required of the professional economist, whilst developing your ability to understand and conduct innovative research in both theoretical and applied situations.
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- 93% of Swansea students in employment or further study within six months of graduating
- High contact time – each module includes a 2-hour lecture (class sizes approximately 150 students) followed by a 1-hour seminar/tutorial (class sizes capped at 30) every single week.
Graduates may pursue a number of professional economist career pathway opportunities in the finance or management consulting industries. The sophisticated and multi-faceted transferable skills acquired by the programme will also open doors or provide stepping-stones to a wide variety of other less specialist career paths in commerce, industry and academia.
Students must attain a minimum 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an economics related undergraduate degree.
Non-native English speakers must achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5. A list of equivalent tests is provided here. If you have studied an undergraduate degree taught through the medium of English you may be exempt from this requirement.
For students who fall short of only the English language requirement, we offer a range of Pre-Master's training programmes that you may take before starting your Master's qualification.
For students who fall significantly short of the general entry requirement, we offer a Pre-Master’s programme via International College Wales Swansea that will allow you to enter our postgraduate programmes.
Careers and Employability
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management, we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Get unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module which is run twice a year
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in our Business in the Bay competition and compete against other university students
- Join our Alumni community and meet graduates from previous years who can offer the benefit of their experiences
- Attend our Careers Fair and network with employers
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 29, 2018