Our marketing programme distinguishes itself from others by offering the latest academic and practice insights, based on the latest data and analysis tools in economics and marketing. The unique combination of models, structures and real-life practice cases covers the entire marketing area - from target market selection, segmentation and positioning to quantification of marketing effectiveness.
In an age where your ability to use data and your flexibility to use both traditional as well as new media to contact and influence consumers and businesses is crucial, obtaining your marketing degree at Erasmus School of Economics will prepare you for the marketing practice in competitive markets.
During the programme you will address questions such as:
- How can we use data science to optimise the customer’s online experience?
- How can models, structures and insights help us to understand real-life examples?
- How can we translate the latest theoretical insights into practical applications?
Is this the right choice for you?
Do you want a serious marketing job once you have finished your study? Do you already envision what it is you would like to do as brand manager, product manager or marketing manager? Or would you like to approach marketing fromthe distributor’s perspective, as a category manager for example? Our curriculum is designed to develop expertise in three key areas: product & brand management, marketing analytics and sales & account management. The programme combines and applies the latest marketing insights and models with the day-to-day practice of marketing operations, market research and international business and consumer marketing. Therefore, it is highly appreciated by international corporations as well as domestic small and medium sized enterprises and offers you excellent chances to obtain an attractive marketing job.
The marketing programme at Erasmus School of Economics is a good choice if you recognise yourself in the profile below:
- During your bachelor you have laid a good foundation in economics.
- Statistics and mathematics are subjects you enjoy and feel comfortable with.
- Combining out-of-the-box thinking with a pragmatic approach comes naturally for you.
- You are always eager to discover the world and your role in it.
Why study Marketing in Rotterdam?
The marketing department of the Erasmus School of Economics is by all accounts one of the top marketing science groups in Europe. Here in Rotterdam, you will learn from lecturers who contribute regularly to major academic publications and have close ties to business life as well, ranging from SMEs to multinationals. The consistent use of data, analysis and insights will improve your decision-making capacity and this will help you to ensure company growth and improved profitability. The department has trained more current and former top executives than any other marketing group in the Netherlands. This is due to the intellectual, academic rigour as well as the practical experience you gain during the programme.
Do you aspire to become one of the next thought leaders in marketing and do you want to join the list and network of our thousands of marketing alumni? Do you share our students’ intellectual curiosity, analytical reasoning, creativity, team spirit and open-mindedness? In that case, our marketing programme is an excellent choice.
This study will bring you:
- Frequent interactions with companies, ranging from guest lectures, workshops and cases to career events
- A highly valued economics degree, which ensures intellectual rigour and fact-based marketing skills
- Award-winning, frequently published professors with excellent business community connections
- A valued degree from an institute that is consistently ranked in the top.