Does reading about the rapidly rising costs of health care make you want to do something about it? Would you like to apply economic and quantitative skills to achieve this? The Health Economics programme provides you with the concepts and techniques needed to face the sector’s challenges in the 21st century.
You will gain insight in the peculiarities of a sector where the supply side (doctors) is not driven by maximising profits and the value of the demanded good, health, is subject of debate. Get ready to discuss issues such as:
- How can we address problems caused by rising medical costs and population aging?
- How can we benefit optimally from advances in medical technology?
- How far should solidarity go and where does personal responsibility start?
Is this the right choice for you?
Do you have an above-average interest in economic developments and societal problems, particularly with regard to health care? Would you like to ensure that we can all continue to enjoy good quality, affordable health care? This programme prepares you to make a difference in one of the most challenging fields of our time.
In order to complete this study successfully you need to:
- Feel comfortable using a quantitative approach as a base for discussion
- Be happy to work both in teams and individually
- Have ambition and perseverance.
Why study Health Economics in Rotterdam?
Rotterdam is a vibrant, multicultural city that is at the forefront of exciting developments in industry, logistics, science, culture and architecture. Here you find one of the leading centres for health economic research and teaching in Europe. Our programme, which is a cooperation between Erasmus School of Economics and Erasmus School of Health Policy and Management, was one of the very first master studies in the world for this discipline of economics.
Here you will have access to:
- A degree that is internationally valued in both the public and the private sector
- Inspiring lecturers who publish regularly in leading academic journals
- An international classroom and a cosmopolitan atmosphere
- A network in health and academia that is second to none.
Program taught in: