Mission of the Faculty
The mission of the Faculty is to form economists who would understand the contemporary economic world and analyze it using analytical methods. The ability to fully understand the functioning of the local and the global economies are essential for leaders in both the public and private sectors. A good knowledge of the impact that different economic policies, competitive strategies, and consumer behaviors have on companies and their environment provides managers a competitive edge.
Mission of the specialization (major)
The aim of this two - year programme is to provide students with a broad academic knowledge and to facilitate them to develop skills that would prepare them for careers in the dynamic global business environment. Graduates of the programme will be ready for corporate careers, positions in government and for starting and running their own businesses.
Detailed programme of studies
a) First year: Mathematical Statistics, Forecasting Business Processes, Advanced Macroeconomics, Business Law, Financial and Capital Markets, Managerial Economics, Economics and Organization of Production, Local Finances, Managerial Accounting, International Economy, History of Economic Thought, Mathematical Economy, Insurance systems, Human Resource Management, Methods of Projects’ Assessment, Corporate Finance, Master Seminar
b) Second year: Economic Policy of the E.U., Economics of the Natural Environment, Strategic Management with Element of TQM, International Management, Operations Management, European Social Policy, Public Management, Theory of Decision Making, Bioeconomy, Supply Chain Management, Small and Medium Enterprises in EU, Sustainable Rural Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Thesis elaboration, Master Seminar
The graduates are expected to be able to have the capacity to analyze business and economic problems and to devise new strategies and solutions. They are expected to find jobs in central or local administration, institutions working in rural policy of EU, boards of companies operating in sector of food economics, in analysis departments, companies, investment funds, scientific and research institutions.
Completed the first degree of studies
Bachelor in: economy, finance, and accountancy, management, logistics.
Duration: four semesters for the graduated from the Bachelor Studies; start: 1st October
- Qualification based on results from the first degree studies (grade average)
- Verified command of English
Number of the place available: 15 to 17.
The following documents should be sent via e-mail or submitted by you to the Office for Students Affairs:
- Signed application form with a photograph attached;
- A photocopy of valid passport or other document confirming the identity of the candidate (the original document is to be presented upon arrival);
- CV in Polish or English;
- A document confirming the knowledge of English;
- A certificate from consulate confirming Polish descent or Polish Charter, if the candidate holds one;
- Original or certified copy of higher education graduation diploma (a photocopy of the original certified with the seal of the institution/university that has issued it.), together with supplement/transcript of records (a specification including the subjects taken, numer of hours and grades), entitling to undertake second-cycle studies in the country of its issue. The Diploma must bear an apostille.
- A copy of high school leaving certificate – a document entitling to undertake studies in the country of its issue. On request the applicant is obliged to provide apostille.
- Documents issued in languages other than Polish or English must be translated. The translation shall be made or certified by the Consul of the RP or by a sworn translator, entered into the panel of sworn translations of Ministry of Justice.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 21, 2018