The MSc EDCBA is a postgraduate Master’s degree awarded by the École des Ponts ParisTech and jointly run with the Paris School of Economics. It is a Master of Science in the economic calculation for investment decisions, applied to sectors of the economy currently in full expansion: planning, energy, environment, health, digital transformation.
It is a challenging full-time 18-months program that will provide you with outstanding training in the tools of economic evaluation. It combines a rigorous academic core with tailored practical applications to various sectors.
The MSc EDCBA is designed for technically-minded graduates who want a deep, analytical study of economic evaluation of projects, investments, and policies. You will learn how to= put the latest academic thinking and business strategies into practice from leading practitioners and faculty, giving you a thorough and hands-on understanding of economic evaluation methods.
This initial M2 (Masters of Science) program, taught entirely in English, is open to French and International students who hold a Masters 1 or 2 degree in economics, statistics or mathematics, university students, and students of the Grandes écoles, engineering schools, and business schools.
This teaching program responds to a real need among firms and administrative organizations for the economic assessment of investment projects. It puts together the academic excellence of degrees offered by the École des Ponts ParisTech with the innovative approach taken in courses accredited by the Paris School of Economics. It links skills in economic analysis with an aptitude for innovation that is required for the cost-benefit analysis of investment projects.
This Masters of Science promotes dialogue between scientific research and new professional practices in planning and development offices and consulting firms, in medium and large companies (including real estate developers, banks, insurance companies, pharmaceutical laboratories, energy providers, civil engineering firms), regulatory authorities, public departments (e.g., ministries for energy and solidarity, for transport). It also promotes entrepreneurship through the creation of planning and development offices.
1st and 2nd semester
Core Curriculum and Field Courses
400 hours of in-class lectures taught by leading scholars from the Paris School of Economics and the École des Ponts ParisTech.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Econometrics and Data Analysis
- Industrial Organization and Regulation
- Innovation and intangible assets evaluation
- Investment Decision
- Macroeconomics and Globalization
- Project Finance and Corporate Finance
- Project Management Practices
- Risk & Uncertainty
- Structured Finance
- Energy and ecological transition
- Environment and climate change economics
- Energy Economics
- Water, sanitation and waste management economics
- Digital transformation
- Platform Economics
- Disruptive business model
- Data Analytics
- Healthcare in aging societies
- Health economics
- Aging and health
- Regulation of healthcare
- Smart cities
- Urban economics
- Housing and Real Estate
- Transport Economics
72 hours taught by staff and guest lecturers with extensive experience in the industry, offering a unique opportunity to learn from experts. It allows you to approach the real life of companies. The capstone projects mainly consist in fulfilling a consulting mandate given by a company or any other organization interested in taking advantage of the training provided by our program in the economic evaluation of any type of investment project.
6-month internship program (internship and internship thesis)
Upon graduating from the MSc EDCBA program, you will have solid knowledge of the central concepts, theories, and research methods of economic evaluation as well as applied skills. In particular, you will be able to:
- Carry out investment economic evaluation analysis in various fields through advanced analytical techniques.
- Design investment strategies and manage infrastructure projects.
- Assess the suitability of each evaluation method according to the sector, available data, and purpose of the evaluation.
- Apply computational and statistical methods to analyze data and to manage databases.
- Report results in a clear and understandable manner to support decision making.
A dedicated Career Center helps students finding a valuable internship program with the help of the Master’s Sponsors, as well as making informed decisions about career goals and find opportunities related to their professional objectives.
Taking advantage of the Alumni network of the Paris School of Economics and the École des Ponts ParisTech, The MSc EDCBA will attract several leading companies, agencies, public institutions to deliver presentations. This provides interactions and exposes our students to their potential employers.
The skills acquired will enable participants to work in Europe and abroad in:
- Construction, IT, health, energy, water, real estate, natural resources industry.
- Financial institutions and Banks.
- Investment Funds for Infrastructure.
- Development Banks or equivalent.
- Leading consulting firms.
- Assistant to Contracting Authority (ACA) firms.
- Public sector institutions and administration.
Application Steps and Requirements
The MSc EDCBA is designed for new and recent graduates. Candidates with more than three years’ work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Admission to the EDCBA program is very competitive and the selection committee will pay close attention to all aspects of your application. You need to submit your online application form and supporting materials by the application deadline.
Applications open from early November 2017 via www.pse-application.eu
The application undergoes three phases:
- Submit your application before the deadline: March 31, 2018.
- Only preselected applicants will have an interview with two members of the selection committee (face to face or via Skype) to measure the pertinence of the program with their own educational qualifications and professional plans. Interviews will take place between April 2, 2018, and April 27, 2018.
- Acceptance will be announced to candidates by April 30, 2018.
- Undergraduate degree: The master EDCBA is open to candidates holding a 4-year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Economics (with high quantitative skills), Mathematics or Statistics.
- GMAT or GRE score: We recommend that the quantitative scores are in the 90th percentile, the verbal scores are in the 80th percentile and the analytical writing score is at least 5. Official online scores must be accessible by our admissions department and not older than 5 years.
- Work experience: It is not mandatory to have any full-time work experience prior to applying to the program. However if you have any relevant experience, either full-time or via an internship, this will be considered as part of your application for the program.
- References: Two academic or professional references submitted via the application website. If you are in the process of completing a degree program, one reference should be from your current institution.
- English language test: A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Test Scheme (IELTS) must be taken, and all minimum scores met (unless eligible for a waiver) if either your first language is not English or you are not from a majority English speaking country, as defined by the UK Visas and Immigration office.
See the list of the required documents (pdf)
The Master of Science EDCBA tuition fee is €15,000.
EDCBA will take place at PSE in the 14th arrondissement of Paris. A new 12500 m² building houses around 1500 researchers, students, and administrative teams of the PSE and the Ecole normale supérieure. The 1-hectare Jourdan campus offers ideal conditions: numerous classrooms and working spaces, a 300 places amphitheater, a library with more than 50000 books, a student home.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 19, 2017