No restricted admission.
Start of studies
- The programme begins in winter and summer semesters.
- Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 31 July (winter semester) or 31 January (summer semester) via uni-assist e.V..
Ecological Engineering is the translation of ecological principles into societal and technical action, meaning the adaptation of construction techniques, material flow cycles, material flow management, spatial symbioses of material and energy users, and energy cascades so that they are benign to nature. The Master’s degree programme equips students to develop, on a scientific foundation, concepts and techniques for sustainable management of vital resources like water, soil, biomass and fauna and for the restoration and reclamation of ecosystems and for decentralised supply and waste disposal, bearing in mind the organisation of the use and protection of these natural resources in the context of regional and local societies as well as in research, industry and administration. Degree course content The education programme consists of the following modules: Mathematics and Modelling
- models and operational methods
- Restoration ecology
- theoretical ecology
- Aquatic chemistry
- environmental biotechnology
- near-natural hydraulic engineering
- Ecology-oriented planning
- water, energy and materials management
- Materials flow and resource management,
- projects and methods
- Environmental law
- environmental policy
- environmental economics
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 24, 2018