- Duration (years): 1.5 years
- Qualification Awarded: E-Learning (MSc, 1.5 years or 3 semesters) - Distance Learning
- Level of Qualification: 2nd Cycle ( Masters)
- Language of Instruction: English/Greek
- Mode of Study: Full time/part time
- Minimum Credits: 27
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 90
Profile of the Programme:
This program aims to enable postgraduate students acquire knowledge, skills and values regarding e-Learning and its contributing technologies through three main pillars. In the first pillar, students are exposed to e-learning concepts, needs analysis and applying new technologies for developing e-Learning material. In the second pillar, students advance their knowledge and skills for designing educational material and courses as well as assessing them. In the third and final pillar of their studies, students are enabled to focus either on designing, implementing and disseminating e-Learning research, or on implementing, managing and assessment of e-Learning curricula and programs.
The degree constitutes an independent and terminal study. It could also serve as the basis for acceptance to, and continued studies towards, a doctoral degree in e-Learning, Educational Technologies or Technology Enhanced Learning.
The proposed graduate program will enable students acquire thorough knowledge, competency and skills in the field of e-Learning. The program has as required courses those that are necessary for the fundamentals in e-Learning and experimental and allow the students to choose those elective courses that will meet their future career goals in relation to:
- The use of ICT technologies for e-learning in a formal or an informal educational setting
- The design of interactive multimedia application that support learning
- The design, development and assessment of e-learning courses
- The design, development and management of e-learning programs
Graduates of the proposed program should be able to: 1) hold managerial position in companies or government offices that develop online curricula; 2) become experts on e-learning in a knowledge-led organization (educational institution, training and development organization, training unit of a multinational organization etc); 3) become entrepreneurs and establish their own enterprises offering e-Learning solution to other organizations; and 4) continue studying towards a higher graduate degree.
Access to Further Studies:
The graduate program will provide the basis for acceptance to a doctoral degree in related areas.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 15, 2017