The way we communicate, advertise to and reach customers has changed dramatically in the digital age. This new area of marketing is rapidly expanding and opportunities for employment are growing all over the world.
With this full-time postgraduate degree, you’ll develop a firm understanding of modern marketing techniques and learn how to apply them effectively in the digital arena. You’ll master a range of social media and digital marketing tools and learn how to focus your marketing campaigns to specific target audiences across the digital landscape.
This masters in digital marketing communications will not only teach you how to plan and manage complex digital marketing campaigns, but how to measure and evaluate their success.
Communications strategy, applied to the real world
This course is designed around the latest advancements in the digital environment with units that allow you to develop specialist digital marketing skills sought after by employers.
Taught by experienced digital experts, you’ll gain unique insights and the vital skills needed to succeed in this rapidly expanding sector.
Features and Benefits
- An accessible masters degree – Suitable whatever your level of marketing experience.
- Industry connections – Learn from our team of experienced marketing professionals and take advantage of their links within the global digital and social media community.
- Study in Manchester – one of the UK’s most exciting digital cities is packed with creative companies on the lookout for talented graduates.
- No Exams – Finish your degree without taking pressurised exams. Assessment is 100% coursework.
- Applied learning - Put your newly acquired digital skills into practice working on a live client brief. You’ll gain real-world experience and begin building your professional portfolio.
- Key insights - Learn from industry experts on the UK’s longest running part-time Masters in Digital Marketing.
- Internships – Explore intern opportunities with agencies and industry partners in the region. This allows you to test possible career paths and build your work experience.
- Employability – Graduate with an industry recognised degree that will allow you to compete for a wide range of senior roles in the digital environment.
- Academic expertise - you will be taught by experienced academics, in the fields of research, analysis and publication.
By the time you graduate, you’ll have developed valuable skills and the critical knowledge to succeed in this exciting, constantly evolving industry.
Digital marketing now touches most sectors. Employment opportunities are expanding globally. Finding roles as a digital marketing executive, digital brand manager, social media or digital account executive or manager, or as a content creator or manager are just some of your options, you’ll also be able to explore roles in exciting new areas of this industry such as:
- CRM technology
- Marketing automation & optimisation
- Programmatic marketing
- Digital marketing consultancy
High-level operational and strategic planning roles could also be within your reach, where you may work on evolving digital campaigns. With your newly acquired knowledge and skills, you will also be able to pursue a freelance career in digital marketing communications or even create your own agency.
You will have a minimum 2:2 degree, or equivalent, from marketing or business subjects, or from any discipline in the humanities, science or technology.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
The digital era has transformed our lives – and marketing has changed with it, keeping pace and making the most of every innovation. It’s a rapidly evolving world and, with the right skills, one that’s full of opportunity.
It’s a course that will help you discover what it takes to deliver, monitor and measure targeted digital marketing campaigns. Crucially, you’ll also get the chance to apply the theory in practice, whether working on a live client brief or taking on an internship.
Home to a flourishing creative and digital sector, Manchester is an ideal location to develop your professional portfolio. In short, there are few better locations to pursue a career in digital marketing.
You’ll study nine core topics in total, covering areas including Strategy for Digital and Digital Measurement and Evaluation. From there, you’ll move onto masters-level study skills you’ll need to tackle a major piece of work, before going on to complete your dissertation project.
- Marketing in Practice
- Strategy for Digital
- Organic and Paid Digital and Social Media Practice
- Rich User Experience
- Content Strategy
- Digital Measurement and Evaluation
- Marketing Masters Level Learning
- Live Client Brief
- Dissertation/Extended Research Proposal
UK and EU students
UK and EU students: Full-time fee: £9,250 per year. Tuition fees will remain the same for each year of your course providing you complete it in the normal timeframe (no repeat years or breaks in the study).
Non-EU and Channel Island students
Non-EU international and Channel Island students: Full-time fee: £16,500 per year. Tuition fees will remain the same for each year of your course providing you complete it in the normal timeframe (no repeat years or breaks in the study).
Program taught in: