MSc in Digital Innovation & Management
In the MSc programme in Digital Innovation & Management, you will be equipped with knowledge, skills and tools for understanding and managing complex and often turbulent processes of digital change and innovation in a wide variety of organisations.
As digital technologies continuously and rapidly evolve they affect organisations, people and society in new and surprising ways. To handle these changes and challenges of digitalisation of already computerised systems require the ability to make informed and timely decisions and adjustments during strategic, tactical, organisational and practical tasks in management and governance. This relies on a deep understanding of people, technology and digital change.
The programme has a broad international outlook and is taught in English.
Digital Innovation & Management has a flexible structure. It provides solid analytic skills while leaving ample room for you to define and shape your own unique profile. It contains mandatory as well as elective modules and the choice of at least one of three specialisations:
- Process Innovation and New Business Models
- Enterprise Services
- Big Data
An MSc in Digital Innovation & Management will provide you with a keen global perspective and with the skill set you acquire during the programme, you will be well prepared for an international career in the private or public sector. You will, for example, be able to identify new opportunities and manage the changes they entail in large organisations and institutions.
Information technology is everywhere. Therefore, you will be an asset for a wide array of employers in the private as well as the public sector. You should be ready to shape your own career possibilities in a changing professional environment but the jobs listed below are examples of positions and tasks, you would be qualified for:
- Organisational Consultant working with the development of organisational processes, management models, optimisation of management/communication processes etc.
- Project and Team Manager with tasks related to developing and managing projects, project teams and processes.
- Special Advisor with advisory tasks within the areas of information technology, digitalisation, innovation, research and development etc
- Business Analyst and Developer working with the identification of and expansion into new areas of IT business - e.g. business analysis, concept development, implementation etc.
In order to apply for admission to the IT University’s MSc programme in Digital Innovation & Management (E-Business) you are required to have:
- A university or professional bachelor’s degree or a corresponding degree. There are no requirements for a specific academic background.
- Proficiency in English corresponding to the Danish B-level.
EU/EEA citizens are not to pay any tuition fees (including citizens of the Nordic countries). Non EU/EEA citizens are to pay tuition fees.
The IT University of Copenhagen offers state scholarships to three or four exceptionally talented MSc applicants (full-degree students) from outside EU and EEA every year. The scholarships will be offered to the applicants who achieve the best scores according to the criteria in our admission rules. The state scholarships consist of free tuition and partly covering of living expenses. Applicants cannot apply for the scholarships. The IT University considers all admitted MSc students for the scholarships and informs the students chosen for the scholarships in their letter of admission.
About the School
The IT University is creating more IT graduates, than any other university in Denmark and offers a variety of research based study programmes within the field of IT.