Risks emerging from the cyber-sphere are a global and national concern, so studies in cybersecurity are critical in the industry and government. The MSc in Cyber Security gives focus to the strategic deployment and implementation of cybersecurity strategies.
This course is designed for those wishing to develop or advance a career as a cybersecurity professional, or those seeking to take a leading technical or managerial role in an organisation that is critically dependent on data and information communication technology. The programme is suitable for those from a computer science or information technology education background, or those with no formal studies in computer science but who can demonstrate significant interest in cybersecurity.
The course covers all aspects of cybersecurity, including network, computer and information security. You will learn the most important technical concepts of security, such as encryption, intrusion detection, penetration testing, access control, digital forensics and investigation, risk management, security governance and network security. Alongside this, the course focuses on the business context, so that students can progress their careers more rapidly.
- Cyber Security Principles
- Cyber Security System Architecture and Design
- Human Factors in Cyber Security
- Network Security
- Information Security Management
Each module is delivered in a one week block of lectures, tutorials and seminars. Assessment is through coursework, essays and case studies.
- At least a 2.2 honours degree in a related area
- Or a relevant postgraduate or professional qualification
- And/or relevant work experience
- You should be able to demonstrate competency in computer programming
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (no less than 5.5 in any band) or equivalent.
A wide range of career opportunities are available on successful completion of your MSc, including security analyst, cyber security consultant or chief technical officer.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 10, 2018