Accredited by the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), the international membership and qualifying body for chartered secretaries and other governance professionals, as well a recognised world authority on governance, risk and compliance, this top-up degree is aimed at those who already hold the ICSA qualification and wish to gain a full Masters qualification.
You'll benefit from a wide range of extra-curricular activities including academic skills for finance, accounting and governance" and research techniques, access to Blueprint (the market-leading entity management software used by most chartered secretaries), plus a range of Bloomberg Aptitude Tests, specialist visitor speakers, and expert symposiums and conferences.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||1 semester plus dissertation (Fast Track)||January; September||Southwark Campus|
- Corporate governance principles and practice
- Research design and methods
- Dissertation (circa 16,000 words) in the subject area of corporate governance
- Workshops, seminars, case studies and student-led discussion facilitate an active mode of learning. Assessment is by written coursework.
An academic is appointed as your Dissertation Facilitator, to offer guidance and constructive advice on the preparation of your dissertation.
Due to their varied knowledge and expertise, qualified chartered secretaries command highly-paid jobs in the private, public and voluntary sectors. A Masters degree in Corporate Governance combined with the internationally recognized ICSA qualification makes graduates highly employable in senior roles within governance, law, finance, strategy, leadership, and administration. For more information refer to the Become a Chartered Secretary section of the ICSA website.
Past employability skills events held include:
"My Employability event"
- My dream job
- Preparing CVs and cover letters
- Using databases to research the company
- IT qualifications for your CV
- Preparing for interviews
- Managing expectations
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
You'll benefit from the opportunity to take internships, be encouraged to get involved in initiatives that promote links with different firms and companies and to participate in different programmes and schemes comprising voluntary work.
Teaching and learning
Lectures cover concepts which underpin and facilitate informed participative approaches to learning. Workshops, seminars, case studies and student-led discussion facilitate more active modes of learning.
Assessment is by written coursework.
Lecturers offer a rich profile of academic and professional qualifications backed by professional, teaching and/or research experience. An academic is appointed as your Dissertation Facilitator, to offer guidance and constructive advice on the preparation of your dissertation.
This course is available on a full or part-time basis to anyone already holding Grad ICSA or full membership of the ICSA.
- MSc CG (Fast Track for ICSA Graduates): Completion of Professional Stages Part II of the International Qualifying Scheme of the ICSA.
- Business experience is considered desirable.
- Required English language skills to undertake this programme IELTS and have a balanced score of 6.5 in IELTS (or equivalent).
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018