MANAGING CONSUMERS' NEEDS IN A GLOBAL AND DIGITALIZED WORLD
This master’s program will help you achieve your goal of becoming an expert in consumer research with a unique international and interdisciplinary profile. The program offers an inspiring combination of management studies and social and consumer sciences, combined with strong links to technological disciplines.
To follow this program you should have an academic background in management, economics or another social science such as sociology, psychology or communication sciences. You must have a bachelor’s degree in one of these areas with at least 12 ECTS credits in research methods, including statistics.
UNDERSTANDING AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD
In today’s interconnected world, the importance of consumer science is increasing. Companies, governments, NGOs, and research institutions all over the globe are looking for graduates who understand how consumers operate in their economic, social, and environmental contexts. As a consumer science specialist with international experience, you will be in an outstanding position to meet your future employers’ needs.
YOUR STUDY – GET INSPIRED BY MULTIPLE PERSPECTIVES
The Master in Consumer Science (MCS) at TUM School of Management is one of a kind in Germany. It guarantees you a unique academic experience with fellow students from many different countries and academic backgrounds. This diversity, combined with the broad curriculum of the program, nurtures the exchange of different perspectives, fosters intercultural skills and prepares you for a successful career in an international setting.
The MCS program combines perspectives from a variety of disciplines, which makes it particularly challenging. You will need a sound theoretical and methodological foundation. This is provided mainly by courses during the first two semesters, preparing you for more specialized courses in your last two semesters.
The program includes a mandatory Project Studies module that provides you with hands-on experience in a practical, interdisciplinary environment.
All students spend at least a short period abroad as part of their degree. This gives you an intercultural sensitivity that will greatly benefit you as a manager.
FOLLOW YOUR OWN INTERESTS
The MCS program includes several options for pursuing your own academic interests. All students select one of the three specializations in Management currently offered:
Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E)
Marketing, Strategy and Leadership (MSL)
Consumers, Technology and Sustainability (CTS)
Within the specialization, you choose your own core modules.
The program also includes a wide range of additional electives (24 credits in total) that allow you to shape your personal profile.
- Basics in Consumer Affairs (Required modules)
- Elective in Economics
- Specialization: "Innovation and Entrepreneurship" (I&E), "Marketing, Strategy and Leadership" (MSL) and "Consumers, Technology and Sustainability" (CTS)
- Project Studies in Consumer Science & Technology
- Advanced International Experience
- Electives in Consumer Science & Technology
- Master’s Thesis
- To qualify for the Master in Consumer Science, applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Management, Economics or other Social Sciences (e.g. Sociology, Psychology, Communication Sciences or equivalent) with a minimum of 12 ECTS in research methods;
- Proficiency in English;
- Successful completion of the assessment procedure;
- Partner universities have their own admission requirements for exchanges.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 3, 2018