The goal of this program is to train Computer Scientist with a professional knowledge-based on solid theoretical background knowledge. They have the skills to take part in program development, in developing information systems and system management in various areas. The Computer Scientist often acts as a mediator between the customers of information systems and the producers. In this way, the job of a Computer Scientist synthesizes the constructive activity of engineers with the general problem-solving attitude of mathematicians while participating in teams of large-scale projects.
Our programs provide students with a broad education in Computer Science in combination with specialized work in programming languages, cybersecurity, data science, web engineering, autonomous systems, multimedia design, etc.
Students learn the theory as well as the methodologies and techniques in the development and implementation of computer systems. The more practical programming courses are aided by several courses in pure and applied mathematics and theoretical computer science courses throughout the curriculum.
This program is recommended to applicants who:
- Want to partake in innovative and well-grounded education for the next generation of service designers and software architects capable of designing and engineering novel software system.
- Want to conduct analyses to detect, discover and better understand the abounding data around us generated by social media, manufacturing systems, medical devices, logistic services, and countless others on a daily basis.
- Want to be a responsible cybersecurity specialist with the right knowledge and skills to be able to contribute to make the digital world a safer place.
This program enables students to:
- Work in teams to guide the software development process (modern and agile software engineering methodologies integrated with design thinking and User-Centric/Service Design methods) of complex information systems.
- Gain in-depth technical skills in scalable data collection techniques and data analysis methods. They learn how to use and develop a suite of tools and technologies that address data capture, processing, storage, transfer, analysis, visualization, and related concepts (e.g., data access, data pricing, and data privacy).
- Be valuable in open innovation settings where different aspects (market, users, social aspects, media technologies) come together, through their multidisciplinary attitude.
- Software and Service Architectures
- Data Science
Foundation Year with curriculum assembled on topics relevant to the Computer Science Master course program is also available.
Strength of program
The high standard of training is guaranteed by highly qualified academic staff. Teaching is supported by modern infrastructure and well-equipped computer labs (artificial intelligence, databases, and robotics). The library of the Faculty contains several thousand volumes. Upper-year students and Ph.D. students help the first-year students in a mentor system to overcome their first challenges at the university.
In addition to the high level of theoretical training, the Faculty's relationship with the business community, the joint research, and development projects offer up-to-date practical knowledge and experience to the students. The Faculty has concluded bilateral agreements with numerous universities in the world, which allows students to study one or two semesters or participate in research projects at a partner institution.
Extracurricular undergraduate research activities of the students are supported and supervised by leading scientists of the Faculty. These students present their findings at a conference organized by the Faculty every year. Workshops are also organised with international partners.
Software Designers are welcome in every sector of informatics. Jobs are offered by large international computer companies, outstanding firms, banks, large enterprises, state institutions, software development companies, research institutes and universities where they may be engaged in the preparation of integrated data processing systems, electronic trade transactions and electronic money transfers, solving telecommunication problems (networks, programming mobile phones), performing image recognition, computer-aided design, image processing or preparing multimedia applications.
Data science is a highly innovative area. Social media, manufacturing systems, medical devices, logistic services, and countless others generate petabytes of data on a daily basis. The data scientist simultaneously masters scalable data management, data analysis, and domain area expertise to extract key knowledge and solve real-world problems.
Cybersecurity is also a burgeoning field for the design and development of new products and services. Graduates will easily find jobs within companies that provide value-added products and services, such as telecom companies, game companies, e-learning, web developers, and the entertainment industry.
- Software and services designer
- Software architect
- Information system architect
- Systems designer/engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Security Analyst/Information Security Architect/Cyber Security Specialist
Holding a BSc degree in Computer Science or obtaining altogether at least 60 ECTS credits in informatics and mathematical subjects related to computer science during a completed Bachelor’s program.
- A minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
- A minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
At least Intermediate level English language skills are required. English language exams are preferred (but not required) and any certificate is accepted.
Documents to submit with the application
- Online application form
- Secondary school certificate
- Bachelor-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Language certificate
The application starts in the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
Applicants are required to transfer the admission fees (application fee: 80 EUR, registration fee: 60 EUR) only in case of admission, together with the tuition fee in the amount of 3000 EUR until the end of June (in case of February intake: until the end of November) in order to receive their visa in time.
Applications are only accepted being submitted through the online application system. Application materials sent via e-mail or by post are declined without further examination.
About the School
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) - in terms of student and staff number, quality of education and research, and its international relations - is a prestigious institution of public higher education in ... Read More