Mission of the Faculty
The modern economy is fully supported by the computer science. The financial sector and rural economy are among many social and economical domains undergoing deep changes. The mission of the Faculty is to form engineers who understand the contemporary world and analyze it using computer methods and algorithms. An important role in this task plays the specialization of Information Systems in Management
Mission of the specialization (major)
The specialization, realized fully in English, focuses on the computer science tools used in the economical institutions, such as banks, stock markets etc. It is aimed at education of computer engineers and economical analysts. This specialty is focused on the use of high level programming languages, design and programming of the databases, the design and administration of the computer networks and modern information systems.
Detailed programme of studies
a) Econometrics part: Differential and Difference Equations – Applications, Actuarial Methods, Mathematical Economics, Statistical Analysis in the Market Research, Operational Research – Applications, Dynamic Econometrics, Representative Methods, Financial Econometrics, Multidimensional Data Analysis, Theory of Forecasting and Simulations
b) Informatics part: Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Oracle Databases, Automata, Grammars and Formal Languages, Programming Paradigms, Computer Architecture, Teleinformatics, Management Information Systems.
Additional elective courses
The graduates of management Information Systems are expected to find jobs in central or local administration, centres of information processing for the needs of rural policies in EU, boards of companies operating in sector of food economics, in analysis departments of banks, brokerage companies, investment funds and scientific and research institutions.
Completed the first degree of studies:
a) Engineering in specializations: informatics, mathematics, electronics, electrical engineering, logistics, production engineering
b) Bachelor in specializations: economy, financial, management, informatics and econometrics.
- three semesters for the graduated from the Engineering studies; start 1st March
- four semesters for the graduated from the Bachelor Studies; start 1st October
- Qualification based on results from the first degree studies (grades average)
- Verified command of English
Number of the place available: 15 to 17.
The following documents should be sent via e-mail or submitted by you to the Office for Students Affairs:
- Signed application form with a photograph attached;
- A photocopy of valid passport or other document confirming the identity of the candidate (the original document is to be presented upon arrival);
- CV in Polish or English;
- A document confirming the knowledge of English;
- A certificate from consulate confirming Polish descent or Polish Charter, if the candidate holds one;
- Original or certified copy of higher education graduation diploma (a photocopy of the original certified with the seal of the institution/university that has issued it.), together with supplement/transcript of records (a specification including the subjects taken, numer of hours and grades), entitling to undertake second-cycle studies in the country of its issue. The Diploma must bear an apostille.
- A copy of high school leaving certificate – a document entitling to undertake studies in the country of its issue. On request the applicant is obliged to provide apostille.
- Documents issued in languages other than Polish or English must be translated. The translation shall be made or certified by the Consul of the RP or by a sworn translator, entered into the panel of sworn translations of Ministry of Justice.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 13, 2017