The goal of this program is to train Computer Scientist with a professional knowledge-based on solid theoretical background knowledge. The Computer Scientist often acts as a mediator between the customers of information systems and the producers. In this way, the job of a Computer Scientist synthesizes the constructive activity of engineers with the general problem-solving attitude of mathematicians while participating in teams of large-scale projects.
Our programs provide students with a broad education in Computer Science in combination with specialized work in artificial intelligence, programming languages, cybersecurity, data science, web engineering, autonomous systems, multimedia design, etc.
Students learn the theory as well as the methodologies and techniques in the development and implementation of computer systems. The more practical programming courses are aided by several courses in pure and applied mathematics and theoretical computer science courses throughout the curriculum.
This program is recommended to applicants who:
- Want to gain expertise in one of the most fascinating and fastest-growing areas of computer science, artificial intelligence. As computers are given the ability to think, learn, and adapt, in the near future artificial intelligence will impact wide segments of daily life.
- Want to partake in innovative and well-grounded education for the next generation of service designers and software architects capable of designing and engineering novel software system.
- Want to conduct analyses to detect, discover and better understand the abounding data around us generated by social media, manufacturing systems, medical devices, logistic services, and countless others on a daily basis.
- Want to be a responsible cybersecurity specialist with the right knowledge and skills to be able to contribute to make the digital world a safer place.
This program enables students to:
- Get up-to-date knowledge in one of the most dominant technological trends by gaining skills in the design and implementation of the next generation of software solutions endowed with human-like capabilities.
- Apply concepts of machine learning, design neural networks in order to solve real-world problems with applications of intelligence.
- Work in teams to guide the software development process (modern and agile software engineering methodologies integrated with design thinking and User-Centric/Service Design methods) of complex information systems.
- Gain in-depth technical skills in scalable data collection techniques and data analysis methods. They learn how to use and develop a suite of tools and technologies that address data capture, processing, storage, transfer, analysis, visualization, and related concepts (e.g., data access, data pricing, and data privacy).
- Be valuable in open innovation settings where different aspects (market, users, social aspects, media technologies) come together, through their multidisciplinary attitude.
Strength of program
The high standard of training is guaranteed by highly qualified academic staff. Teaching is supported by modern infrastructure and well-equipped computer labs (artificial intelligence, databases, and robotics). The library of the Faculty contains several thousand volumes. Upper-year students and Ph.D. students help the first-year students in a mentor system to overcome their first challenges at the university.
In addition to the high level of theoretical training, the Faculty's relationship with the business community, the joint research, and development projects offer up-to-date practical knowledge and experience to the students. The Faculty has concluded bilateral agreements with numerous universities in the world, which allows students to study one or two semesters or participate in research projects at a partner institution.
Extracurricular undergraduate research activities of the students are supported and supervised by leading scientists of the Faculty. These students present their findings at a conference organized by the Faculty every year. Workshops are also organized with international partners.
Graduated students are welcomed in jobs of development of autonomous, intelligent software systems in many sectors of informatics, finance, healthcare, transport and logistics, customer service and countless others.
AI specialist, machine learning software engineer, deep learning specialist.
Holding a BSc degree in Computer Science or obtaining altogether at least 60 ECTS credits in informatics and mathematical subjects during a completed Bachelor's program related to Computer Science.
- A minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
- A minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
At least Intermediate level English language skills are required. English language exams are preferred (but not required) and any certificate is accepted.
Documents to submit with the application
- Online application form
- Secondary school certificate
- Bachelor-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Language certificate
The application starts in the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
About the School
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) - in terms of student and staff number, quality of education and research, and its international relations - is a prestigious institution of public higher education in ... Read More