The MSc program in Computer Engineering offers to its graduate students' opportunities in specializing in areas on which scientific and technological advances have increased recently, such as software engineering, algorithm analysis, and design, parallel programming, computer networks, mobile applications, and web services. In parallel to the developments in all these areas, the demand for the highly-qualified workforce is increasing in Turkey as well as abroad. The M.S. Program contributes to this workforce by graduating engineers with a master’s degree and up-to-date scientific background.
This is a thesis program and the medium of instruction is English.
Why Computer Engineering M.S. Program at KHAS?
Upon the completion of the M.S. program, our graduates can continue their professional careers in ICT industry or enrol Ph.D. programs in universities, where they can tackle open and challenging problems in computer science and engineering, equipped with a research- as well as application-oriented background which covers the sub-disciplines of computer engineering widely and their own specialization area deeply.
Information on the Institution
Department of Computer Engineering was established in1997 under the Faculty of Engineering which later evolved to the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences. The first students to the Graduate Program in Computer Engineering under the Graduate School of Science and Engineering were accepted in the Academic Year of 2006-2007 and the first M.S. degrees were awarded in 2009.
Qualification Awarded/Level of Qualification
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded Master of Science in Computer Engineering (The Qualifications Frameworks in the European Higher Education Area (QF-EHEA): Level 2, European Qualifications Framework (EQF): Level 7)
The applicants of the program are required to hold a B.S. degree and to have scored at least 55 in the quantitative section of Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Entrance Examination (ALES) and 65 in the Interuniversity Council Language Examination. ALES score requirement is not applicable to international students. International language examination (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) scores are acceptable for all applicants according to the equivalencies as imposed by the regulations of the Higher Education Council. The applicants fulfilling these requirements are further interviewed.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students may be exempted from some of the graduate courses they have succeded in a previously attended program, if they have not been counted towards a degree already, in view of the Exemption Regulations of Kadir Has University.
Students are required to successfully complete the curriculum accepted by the Senate corresponding to 120 ECTS credits in total; that is, coursework with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.50/4.00 and an M.S. thesis.
Definition of the Program
The Graduate Program in Computer Engineering covers areas in software engineering and communication technologies that are gaining importance recently. The objective of the program is to educate engineers, who are specialized in areas such as software engineering, algorithm analysis and design, parallel programming, web services and, who are can identify, interpret, analyse and innovatively contribute to the solutions of actual open problems in computer engineering and computer science; and hence, to produce and seminate know-how and technologies needed by the society.
- Ability to reach knowledge deeply and widely and to evaluate, interpret and apply it, by doing research in computer engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge in contemporary techniques and methods in computer engineering and their constraints.
- Ability to integrate and apply knowledge using scientific methods on uncertain, limited or incomplete data; the ability to use knowledge from different disciplines.
- Awareness of new and emerging applications in computer engineering, the ability to analyze and learn them whenever necessary.
- Ability to identify and formulate problems related to computer engineering, to develop methods for their solutions and to use innovative techniques in the solutions.
- Ability to develop original ideas and methods, to design complex systems or processes and to present innovative/alternative solutions in these designs.
- Ability to design and apply theoretical, experimental and model-based research; ability to interpret and analyze complex problems in such processes.
- Ability to work in and lead single- or multi-disciplinary teams and to develop solution approaches for complexities; ability to work and take responsibilities independently.
- Ability to communicate in written and oral English at level B2 of European Language Portfolio.
- Ability to communicate the progress and results of her/his studies openly and systematically in the national and international circles of the same or other disciplines.
- Knowledge about the social, environmental, health, security, and legal aspects of engineering applications, project management, and industrial applications and, awareness of limitations brought by them on engineering applications.
- Ability to observe social, scientific and ethical values in collecting, interpreting and disseminating data and all other professional activities.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
The graduates are employed by software or communication companies in Turkey or abroad, which are involved in research and development activities in areas such as software engineering, algorithm analysis, and design, parallel programming, computer networks, and web services.
Access to Further Studies
Upon successful completion of the graduate program, candidates can apply to doctoral programs.
Course and Instructor Evaluation Questionnaire Graduation Questionnaire Satisfaction Questionnaire.
Exchange programs with various North American, European and Asian universities and ERASMUS (13 universities in nine countries) programs.