MSc in Computational Civil Engineering
- Period of studies: 2 years
- ECTS credits: 120
- Language: English
The goal of the M.Sc. Program is to educate civil engineers who have the scientific background and experience that are necessary for the beneficial use of computers in engineering practice and in research, and in addition to prepare some of the graduates of the program to proceed to related doctoral programs and thus to become the academic leaders of the future.
The Program is concentrated on the general scientific fundamentals which form the basis for
- mapping problems from different branches of civil engineering to computers
- simulating the behavior of constructed facilities and their environment on computers
- managing processes in the life cycle of constructed facilities with computers
These fundamentals are independent of specific programming platforms and provide the basis for continuing education throughout the professional career of the practicing engineer or researcher. They enable him to participate in continuous innovation and thus to contribute to the overall development of his society.
The M.Sc. program is interdisciplinary and international. It is opened to students from both the civil engineering and the information technology area. The international character is strengthened by having courses conducted by lecturers from other countries.
The students will acquire the following special competencies:
- advanced knowledge of fundamental scientific disciplines such as mathematics, informatics, physics;
- advanced knowledge of technological-scientific disciplines such as computational mechanics, computational geometry, computational management;
- advanced knowledge of the application of the fundamental and the technological sciences in the main branches of civil and environmental engineering;
- mastery of the methodology and the tools for computer-oriented mathematical modeling of tasks in civil and environmental engineering;
- ability to implement mathematical theories, methods, processes and systems in software with adequate databases, algorithms and user interfaces;
- personal experience in innovation on a scientific foundation through guided and independent research using computers;
- positive attitude and ability to evaluate the potential of computers in solving new tasks in civil and environmental engineering practice;
- positive attitude and ability to participate in the introduction of innovative approaches in engineering practice;
Fields of professional activity of a graduate are Civil Engineering; Environmental Engineering; Facility Management; Software Engineering; International Projects; Government; Industrial corporations; Educational institutions; Research institutions.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or Science with basics of Physics; Mathematics incl. Differential Equations; Mechanics of Materials; Statics; Structural Mechanics; Building Materials; Structural Design in Steel and Concrete;
- English Language level – at least IELTS - 6, 0 TOEFL iBT – 79
- Grade point average: At least 70-75% of the maximum obtainable grade.
- Can vary depending on the grading system of the university having
- awarded the Bachelor degree
- Basic computer and programming skills
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018