The programme aims to provide students with knowledge and skills in the key aspects of communication, semiconductor, medical and embedded electronics. Students can specialise in either communications electronics (embedded systems, networking, etc.) or cognitive electronics (sensors, sensor networks, medical diagnostics, measurement systems). The programme is supported by the ELIKO Competence Centre and the CEBE Centre of Excellence.
Electronics Engineering; Communication Engineering; Advanced Nanomaterials and Semiconductors
The students have a chance to take part in significant research projects (e.g. implantable devices for cardiac monitors, sensors and monitors for transplanted organs and tissues, material quality measurement systems, smart home and city systems).
The research and study areas are situated in modern facilities and are equipped with modern computers, software, measurement equipment and tools that provide excellent opportunities for the students to either study or conduct research. All students of the IT-field are offered practical placement and job opportunities in Estonia or abroad already during the studies which provide professional experience in the field.
The 2 year (120 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- General Studies (12 ECTS)
- Core Studies (18 ECTS)
- Specialisation in Electronics Engineering, Communication Engineering or Advanced Nanomaterials and Semiconductor Electronics (54 ECTS)
- Free Choice Courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation Thesis (30 ECTS)
Why this speciality?
- Develops high-level skills in aspects of semiconductor, medical and embedded electronics and communication technology
- Skills in telecommunications and bionics
- Teaching staff are specialists in the field and involved in key research projects
- Guest lecturers from the industry
- Programme enhances and broadens your career opportunities in the rapidly changing communicative electronics industry
The programme provides the specialist knowledge and skills needed for a career leading to high-end technical or technology roles in communicative electronics. Possible future work positions include: designer of computer or automation systems and components, designer of electronics, monitoring and communication systems and their components, senior engineer, hardware developer, project manager, software engineer, etc.
An incomplete list includes the majority of famous worldwide electronics and communication engineering companies, particularly: Stoneridge Estonia, Ericsson Estonia, ABB, AS Siemens, Intel Europe, Texas Instruments, Liewenthal Electronics, Incap Electronics, UTU Elektrotehnika AS, Skype Technologies OÜ, Eesti Energia, LDI Innovation OÜ, Domestic and international hospitals like PERH, ITK, Tartu University clinicum, etc. Admissions.
Programme specific requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the IT or ICT fields
electronic, communicative, electrical, or computer engineering; computer science in hardware; applied physics; biomedical engineering; mechatronics
- Please provide the following:
- highlight why you would like to attend the chosen programme
- previous experience in the related field
- your future academic and career goals
PS! It is important to properly cite any sources (quotations, publications, ideas which are not your own etc.) used in your motivation letter, because to do otherwise would be plagiarism and result in disqualification.
- The aim of the interview is to understand your academic potential, motivation and suitability for your chosen course.
- Questions are composed to assess your:
- problem-solving abilities;
- intellectual flexibility and analytical skills;
- assimilation of new ideas and information.
- The length of an interview vary between 10-12 minutes and will be conducted by the specialists in the programme you have applied for.
- Grading scale: 0-10
Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. Online interview will be conducted only to candidates who have passed the preliminary evaluation. The maximum score for the online interview is 10 points. An applicant who receives the minimum of 7 points is admitted.