MSc in Cloud Computing
MSc Cloud Computing provides a specialist study of Cloud Computing. This is a growing area for addressing the issues of collaborative working with data stored centrally either in-house or externally. The award is built around a core of networking at CCNP level, the networking topics utilise Cisco networking equipment and support material provided by Cisco Systems Inc.
Virtualisation, server-side technologies and mobile/wireless technologies are investigated in the context of supported mobile workers in an enterprise environment.
An Undergraduate Honours degree BSc/BEng (2.2 or above) in a related Computing subject, or in Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering with Telecoms/ Network modules from a UK University, or the international equivalent.
Applicants with appropriate experience in networking and/or professional qualifications will also be considered providing they can satisfy the University that they are capable of responding to the challenge of postgraduate study.
If your first language is not English, you will need to demonstrate that you are fluent enough to cope with the course. A minimum score of IELTS 6 or TOEFL 550 (213 computer-based) is normally required.
- Opportunity to gain Cisco certification to CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) standard
- Taught using up to date specialist Laboratories
- Study the latest technologies that industry is and will be using
In your first study stage, the PgCert, you will study five modules –this includes a 2-week preliminary study course, followed by four core modules, the completion of these modules makes you eligible for a PgCert. In the second stage the, PgDip you will study a further four modules. Once you have completed these 9 modules you can start the dissertation stage in order to qualify for an MSc.
On finishing the PgCert or PgDip stage you have the opportunity to undertake a work placement of up to 12 months. The placement has to be started and completed before you start your dissertation. You will finish your award by completing a dissertation on a network related topic.
- CE00727-7 Networking Concepts (Two weeks pre-enrolment)
- CESCOM10227-7 Research Methods
- CE00789-7 Professional Switched Networks
- CESCOM10187-7 Network Security
- CESCOM10209-7 Mobile Computing and Wireless
- CESCOM10192-7 Virtualisation
- CESCOM10191-7 Server-Side Technology
- CE00666-7 Professional Routed Networks
- CE001120-7 Maintaining a Converged IP Based Network
- CESCOM10207-7 Dissertation (60 credits)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018