This is a broad-based civil engineering course covering the areas of structures, geotechnics, water engineering and water transportation.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||16 months / 12 months||January; September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time||3 years||February; September||Southwark Campus|
Teaching techniques include lectures, workshops, tutorials, laboratories, field trips and IT-based blended learning. Visiting lecturers from industry contribute in some modules.
- Advanced structural design
- Soil-structure engineering
- Finite elements and stress analysis
- Highway engineering and operation
- Railway engineering and operation
- Water engineering
Employment prospects for graduates of these courses are very good, especially in view of the upturn in new infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas. Successful students enter into a variety of positions within the construction industry, ranging from working in a design office, with contractors, and in local authorities.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
The programme is designed primarily for engineers and other construction industry professionals who are seeking to enhance their understanding of advanced civil, structural and geotechnical engineering technology.
You will have an undergraduate Civil Engineering degree with a minimum of a BEng Civil Engineering - 2:2 (or above) or a BSc Civil Engineering - 2:1 (or above) or equivalent work experience.
For applicants whose first degree was not taught and examined in English, an independent IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent is required.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018