Admissions Period: Fall intake - Admission process for Master programs at CATÓLICA-LISBON will start in February 2017 Please note that late applications from overseas candidates requiring visas will only be considered if their visa request is already being processed. Please contact the MSc Marketing and Admissions Office for further information.
- €9.500 (3 semesters) | €11.000 (4 semesters) plus a registration fee of €330 per year (EEA and Non-EEA)
Credits: 90 ECTS (3 semesters) or 120 ECTS (4 semesters)
Duration full-time: 3 - 4 semesters (international exchange semester is optional (and adds a 4th semester)
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Delivery mode: On Campus
Educational variant: Full-time
Link website: https://www.clsbe.lisboa.ucp.pt/masters-science/programs/master-science-business-non-business-graduates
The MSc in Business is a high quality program in general management specifically designed for students with a degree in a field other than business or economics.
The program will provide non-business graduates with solid understanding of core areas of management. You will acquire the knowledge, analytical tools, and soft skills necessary for a successful managerial career.
The MSc in Business will complement and enable you to leverage your undergraduate training. You can choose to bring your management insights to the field of your undergraduate degree, or you can pursue a career in the business area that interests you most. Our Career Development Center will assist you to identify and achieve your career goals.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Graduates with a degree in a field other than Business or Economics who want to obtain a solid understanding of core areas of management in preparation for a management-related career.
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years), international exposure (exchange, summer school or internship abroad) and extracurricular achievements are highly valued by the Admissions Jury.
- Have a Master degree at the leading Portuguese Business School, according to the Financial Times.
- Became part of an alumni network of more than 40.000 graduates worldwide.
- CATÓLICA-LISBON is well-known for its academic excellence! We offer rigorous quality in every course we teach using state-of-the-art knowledge.
- A Master's degree will ensure better placement success rates, higher autonomy and responsibility during your first jobs and most importantly, greater potential! CATÓLICA-LISBON places over 98% of its graduates in 3 months after completing their degree.
The MSc in Business provides non-business graduates a solid understanding of core areas of business management, as well as the knowledge, analytical tools, and soft skills necessary for a successful managerial career.
Our MSc in Business is structure in:
The foundation courses are designed to provide you with a broad overview of management and an integrated view of activities of the firm.
Free electives can be used to broaden your knowledge in management, according to your specific career interests. CATÓLICA-LISBON offers a wide range of electives taught by our own faculty, prestigious invited lecturers, and top executives from the corporate world.
In Leadership Lab define your personal goals, industry preferences, and areas to work, and then select among 1) career and employment workshops, and 2) professional development workshops.
Career workshops include sessions on networking, CV and cover letter preparation, and interviewing. You have the opportunity to participate in realistic assessment center activities and to receive feedback from industry professionals.
The professional development workshops are designed to help you develop key competences, such as oral communication, emotional intelligence, managing energy and stress, self-knowledge and motivation, and negotiating effectively.
To obtain valuable international experience and further improve your knowledge, you can complete an exchange semester in one of CATÓLICA¬LISBON's prestigious partner schools around the world.
Students are encouraged to complete a 1.5 month internship before or during the master program.
You will participate in a workshop designed to provide you with advice, resources, requirements, and useful tools to plan and write the research for your Master thesis.
For many students, the thesis semester serves as an ideal bridge between academic studies and your professional career. As you complete your thesis, the Career Development Office is available to work with you on your job search and career planning. You should plan to work full-time on your dissertation for 3 to 4 months.
MSC IN BUSINESS FOR NON-BUSINESS GRADUATES REQUIREMENTS
- 1st cycle degree in any area
- English Proficiency
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years)
- International experience (exchange, summer school or internship abroad)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- Statement of Purpose
- University Transcripts of Records confirming academic qualifications (Portuguese or English). For application purposes we do not require a formal certificate from your School, but we do require a non official document with ALL the courses you attended and its grades (you may print this information from your students' personal webpage). We will require a formal certificate after completing your degree and no later than October (for September intake) International students: The Transcript of Records must be authenticated by the official education authority of the relevant country. This authority will also have to be recognized by the Portuguese diplomatic corps or consulate or be accompanied by a Hague Convention Apostille.
- GMAT or you can take the CATÓLICA-LISBON Admission Test: -Mandatory for applicants with a Background in an area different from Economics and Management
-The admission jury may request this exam from applicants with a background in management or economics if they decide that is justifiable
Important note - The payment of this test is non refundable (Admission test - €40). The application fee and the enrollment fee are also non refundable.
Scholarship CATÓLICA-LISBON Top+ is a scholarship program for students with an outstanding academic record.
Implemented by CATÓLICA-LISBON, this program allows high-potential students to complete the MSc at CATÓLICA-LISBON with a partial waiver of MSc fees, ranging from 25% to 90%.
We encourage outstanding students to apply for these scholarships; especially those that have completed their first cycle degree at the top of their classes (for example, average final grades of 75% or above). The following criteria are highly valued by the jury:
- Undergraduate GPA and academic performance
- International experience
- Extracurricular activities
- Professional experience (e.g. internships)
- Contribution to the diversity of the group
- Contribution to School activities
- Results of GMAT or CATÓLICA-LISBON Admission Test, if applicable.
EXCEPTION: Double Degree and Joint Degree students must pay the tuition fees in the 2nd year of the Program while they are abroad.
Scholarships based on social criteria
Scholarships are based on economics and academic factors.
Through an application process that establishes economic need and academic performance, Social Services, through the University's Student Services Office, may fund all or part of the student's studies.
In this scholarship, the academic performance is also taken into consideration and the student may have part of his/her tuition fees financed. In addition, an activity to support the school will be requested.
International Students In addition to this scholarship provided by the school, we strongly recommend that you check in your home country about local government scholarship possibilities (embassy, consulate)
Top international bank institutions offer low-interest loans to students that cover tuition fees and study-related expenses. The applications for these loans should be submitted directly to the bank.
In addition, we strongly encourage you to check out the financial institutions in your home country.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 2, 2017