MSc in Business for Lawyers
Clients are in need of lawyers who understand their business. The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers Program is the only academic qualification that prepares lawyers to confront complex problems in the corporate environment and financial markets.
The Program enables legal professionals to gain a solid theoretical understanding as well as a practical approach to economic and financial issues related to the day-to day operations of a business firm. The Program provides a unique learning experience that promotes collaboration and leadership competencies in an interdisciplinary curriculum.
The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers is designed for legal professionals who:
- manage and lead their own law firm
- work as corporate counsels
- work in corporate financing and restructuring
- work in or with financial services firms
- act as consultants to business executives
The Program provides:
- A link between the legal profession and modern practice in business and finance
- A framework for participants to think and act as business partners offering them a business and managerial insight
- A learning experience that fosters leadership and teamwork competencies
Highlights of the Program
The core segment of the program offers a solid foundation of the economic, financial and accounting principles along with necessary quantitative skills. Special emphasis is provided on the practical applications of the economic theories. The program matches the legal interests of the participants by providing specialization courses on the legal aspects of international finance as well as courses on taxation, and complex financial contracts.
“The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers has proven to be an invaluable tool in my professional life. It gave me the opportunity to think both as a manager and a lawyer, enhancing interaction with customers. It also gave me the knowledge to contribute to the management of my office.”
Eleni Alexiou, Partner
Alexiou – Kosmopoulos Law firm
Extensive opportunities to take courses abroad through student exchange agreements with a large network of top Business Schools worldwide.
After completing the Program, participantswill be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the language of business
- Have an genuine understanding of global financial markets
- Collaborate in and contribute to complex projects in financing and restructuring
- Introduce a managerial dimension to the practice of Law
- Make refined judgements in the application of ethics in business and the legal profession
- Demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills
- Negotiate effective win-win solutions
- Have a strategic mindset when dealing with wider business challenges
Participants must complete the requirements of 18 courses and1 workshop. The duration of the MSc in Business for Lawyers Program is 16 months. Each academic year lasts fromSeptember to December of the following year. Classes meet twice per week duringevening hours.
Candidates to be considered forThe MSc inBusiness for LawyersProgram must submit the following documents:
Two options to apply:
- Application Online (fill out the application form, scan and submit your documents, then send the original copies to ALBA)
- Applicationform in hard copy (availiable to download through the Application online system) send to the office along with the original copies
Candidates must submit the following documents:
- The completed ALBA application form, including recent photograph in jpeg format (or two photos in print)
- Two letters of recommendation which can be submitted online or using the printed forms in Greek or in English
- Official transcripts as well as certified copies of degrees from each undergraduate, graduate or professional degree earned. Applicants, who cannot obtain an official transcript in a reasonable time, may send a photocopy of unofficial transcripts as a temporary substitute in order to expedite the evaluation process.
- Proof of competence in the English language.Candidates are required to either hold the Proficiency or take the TOEFL (100 minimum score-ALBA code 0942), or the IELTS(7.0 minimum score), unless their Bachelor's degree has been awarded from an English speaking academic institution
- Three Essays
- Receipt of the non-refundable application fee's [€60] deposit (Alpha Bank account No. 101-00-2320-011893, IBAN: GR21 0140 1010 1010 0232 0011 893, SWIFT (BIC) CODE: CRBAGRAAXXX) or charge of credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD)
- All candidates will be asked to go through a personal interview
Applicants with one ormore missing documents will not be processed until these documents are received. Admission to the Program is decided by the Admissions Committee on the basis of the qualifications and the applicant's personality and commitment.
*Tuition Fees for the entry year September 2015: €12,500 paid in installment. Special scholarships up to 40% on tuition fees and up to 50% on accommodation for International students.
Deadline for the Next Round of Admissions:May 2015
Final Deadline of Admissions for International Students who require educational VISA: May 2015
ALBA accepts applications all year round & candidates areencouraged to apply as soon as possible. However, applications received after the beginning of the programwill not be reviewed for the current intake, butwill certainly be reviewed for next year's intake.
This school offers programs in: