Master's studies in Business and Management
The specialisation in Business and Management contains studies in humanitarian logistics, international strategy and sustainability, and marketing.
Master's studies in Business and Management develop your skills for managing and developing businesses and organisations in a market-oriented and sustainable manner. You will have a general overview of business management and marketing. In addition to this you have the opportunity to specialise in one of the following three tracks:
- International Strategy and Sustainability
- Humanitarian Logistics
You also have the opportunity to obtain a Double Degree in cooperation with EMLyon Business School.
Upon graduation, you will
- have a solid foundation of management expertise, with market and customer-oriented strategic thinking
- be equipped with a variety of perspectives on corporate sustainability questions
- have the tools to apply independent and critical thinking to decision-making
Facts about the studies
- 120 credits, 2 years of full-time study
- Language: English
- Next application round opens: Autumn 2017
- Degree: MSc in Economics and Business Administration
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
Within the programme, you choose one of the three following specialisation tracks.
Within this track you will learn to:
- apply logistics and supply chain management concepts to the humanitarian context
- understand the needs of a society and contribute to its resilience
- liaise and cooperate with organisations, both governmental and non-governmental, national and international
- design and manage supply chains on a strategic and operational level
International Strategy and Sustainability
Within this track you will learn to:
- identify and manage organisational, governance, and sustainability challenges in various economic, social, environmental, geographic, institutional, cultural, and linguistic contexts
- recognise opportunities for domestic organisations to integrate sustainability issues with international strategy, especially in relation to large emerging markets such as China, India, and Russia
Students on this track also have the opportunity to take a Double Degree with EMLyon. The double degree is a unique opportunity to get two degrees in one go.
Within this track, you will learn to
- understand and gather information on customer behaviour in diverse market contexts
- develop and manage strategies, business models, and product and service development
- gain customer and market understanding for improved marketing communication
Activities and international experience
Programme participants have full access to activities at Hanken, including its active student life and various events. Activities are also arranged within the programme itself. Particularly during the first weeks and months of the programme, time is dedicated to extracurricular activities that enable the participants to bond with each other, the programme faculty, and the broader Hanken community.
We encourage you to gain international experience! A semester abroad at one of Hanken’s partner universities is built into the programme as an optional component.
Future career opportunities
The programme offers you a wide range of different career options. Here are some examples of potential future positions.
Line management and business responsibility positions
- product manager, brand manager, project manager, and later, business area/unit manager, procurement/supply manager, humanitarian logistician, programme manager
Expert and specialist positions in large multinational companies and non-profit organisations
- business development manager, strategy development manager, product/service development manager, supply chain manager, logistics manager, operations manager, customer relationship manager, human resources development manager, corporate responsibility manager, corporate communications manager, marketing communications manager, supply chain manager, logistics manager, chief of operations
Management consultant positions
- general management consultancy, market research consultancy, product/service development consultancy, communications/media/advertising consultancy, corporate responsibility consultancy, crisis management consultancy, humanitarian consultancy, development aid consultancy
Cost & Fees
For EU citizens university education is free of charge. All students regardless of nationality are, however, obliged to pay an annual student union membership fee of approximately 120 euro.
The fee for non-EU/EEA students at Hanken is 12500 EUR/year.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 22, 2018