- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Master, full-time
- Nominal duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: MSc (Master of Business Management)
- Tuition fee: € 1860
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €200. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: Nov 30, 2018
- Studies commence: February 1
The programme has been designed for individuals seeking to become leaders in business and to develop and implement organisational development strategies, focused on the empowerment of internal human resources and the response to global challenges of a sustainable business environment.
The intended learning outcomes of the Business Management study programme comply with the Descriptor of Occupational Sub-group 1120 Executives of Enterprises, Institutions, and Organizations of the Lithuanian Classification of Occupations (corresponding to ISCO-081217). Heads of enterprises, institutions, and organisations, with the assistance of other executives, develop and revise the policies, plan, coordinate, and evaluate all the activities of enterprises or organisations, and manage them in accordance with the recommendations set by the Board of Directors or a management body to whom they report for the completed tasks and the achieved results. The aims and learning outcomes of the programme are coordinated with the management standards developed by the Chartered Management Institute of Great Britain (see http://www.management-standards.org).
The structure of the curriculum
Business Design Methodology, Methods of Strategic Management, Advanced Leadership System, Sustainable Business Development, Application of Statistical Methods to Management, Investment Management, Organisational Culture Development, Business Communications and Decision Making, Innovation Strategies, Research Project, Master's Final Thesis, and three electives.
The acquired knowledge and abilities enable one to start one's own business, to work as a top-level manager, also as a functional manager of personnel, finance, production, and marketing.
Graduates of the programme work inUAB Milviteka; AB DFDS Seaways; UAB Vlantana; UAB Baltnetos komunikacijos; AB Kretingos grūdai; AB Omnitel; UAB DSV Transport; UAB Yazaki Wiring Technologies Lietuva; AB Lietuvos geležinkeliai; AB SEB bankas; UAB Philip Morris Lietuva, UAB Balticum TV; UAB Avitelos prekyba; UAB Mars Lietuva, etc.
Skills you will get
The knowledge of the fundamental and applied research in the field of management and the ability to systemically and creatively apply it to research and to the problem solution in a business organisation.
The knowledge and the ability to apply business design, strategic management, and the outcomes of scientific and applied research to the field of business management as well as to research processes.
The knowledge of the outcomes of the latest marketing research and investment management and the ability to apply it to the process of decision making in business management.
The knowledge of the latest theories and methods of organizational culture, business decisions, and innovations and the ability to apply it to the processes of research.
The ability to find means and measures to improve subordinate activities.
The ability to identify one's own learning needs and to learn independently with the aim of improving professional qualification in the context of lifelong learning
The ability to use scientific research knowledge, the research experience, and the skills of systemic and strategic thinking for independent professional or scientific activity.
The ability to make innovative business management decisions by considering their ethics and potential impact on society and the environment.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique among its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 15, 2018