- Candidates with no or little work experience are welcome to apply
- Students are able to complete a full time Master programme in ONE year
- “International Experience” in Europe
- Comprehensive coverage of all basic business disciplines
- Emphasis on soft skills including design thinking and creativity
- Coverage of cross-cultural management
- Focus on ethics, responsibility and sustainability
Semester 1 (Six 3-credit subjects)
● Accounting for Managers
● Contemporary Issues in Operations Management
● Global Economic Environment for Management
● Managerial Thinking and Skills Workshop
● Managing Organizations and People
● Marketing Management
(Six 3-credit subjects)
● Cross-cultural Management
● Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability
● Financial Management
● Strategic Management
● Elective subject 1
● Elective subject 2
International Experience (6 credits)
Total credits: 42 credits
(any two 3-credit subjects)
● Accounting for Business Analysis
● Corporate Governance
● Management Information Systems
● Risk Management in Operations
● Total Quality Management
Students take a three-week business programme in an institution outside Greater China during the summer to earn 12 ECTS (European credit transfer system) credits (equivalent to 6 PolyU credits), learn from world experts in their chosen fields and increase exposure to other cultures. The programme will be offered by a member institution of the Alliance of Chinese and European Business Schools (ACE) and accredited by AACSB or EQUIS. The 12 ECTS credits attained will be recognized by way of credit transfer.
For the 2016 cohort, students are expected to study in the summer programme offered by the Faculty of Economics at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia. Founded in 1919, the University of Ljubljana is a member institution of the Alliance of Chinese and European Business Schools (ACE) and accredited by AACSB and EQUIS. It is the central and largest educational institution in Slovenia. The Ljubljana Summer School is a high-level academic programme. Students will learn from Slovenian and international faculty from all around the world and gain intercultural experience. This international arrangement is subject to continuous review and change.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a non-business discipline OR
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a business discipline in which English was not the medium of instruction; AND
Preference will be given to applicants with less than 2 years of post-undergraduate corporate experience
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose. Please refer to the "Admission Requirements" section of Study@PolyU for details.”
Awards & Duration
Students having completed the required 42 credits graduate with the Master of Science in Business Management degree.
There are two possible exit awards. The Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) requires completion of 24 credits for seven compulsory subjects and one elective subject.
The Postgraduate Certificate (PgC) requires completion of 15 credits for five compulsory subjects.
The normal duration of the MSc BM study is one academic year including summer term. The maximum study period is two academic years including summer terms.
Mode of Study: Full-time
Medium of Instruction: English
Fees & Scholarship
HK$180,000 for 36 credits (excluding summer school)
HK$223,200 for 36 credits (excluding summer school)
In addition, students will also bear the fee for a summer school course* organized by a member of the Alliance of Chinese and European Business Schools (ACE). The fees, including accommodation, for 2015 were approximately EUR1,200. Students also have to cover the costs of travel, visa, insurance, etc.
* students are required to successfully complete at least 12 ECTS in a summer school course run by a member of the ACE to earn the remaining 6 PolyU credits for “International Experience” (via credit transfer).
Merit-based tuition fee waiver scholarships are available.
For information on academic matters, please contact:
Deputy Programme Director
Prof. Petrus Choy
Tel: (852) 3400 3625
For other information, please contact:
Research and Postgraduate Studies Section, Faculty of Business
Tel: (852) 3400 3230
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 7, 2017