Hong Kong has been long reputed as a global financial and logistics center, while new technologies played an important role in facilitating business activities and transactions effectively. Executives rely on sufficient information to make decisions on business activities, how to convert a large amount of data into meaningful information and statistics is a great challenge they are facing. Professionals who have the ability to understand the data, deriving useful information from the data, recommending faster as well as more effective business decisions via analyzing business data and applying quantitative tools is highly demanded.
Business analytics makes extensive use of business data, statistical tools, and quantitative methods to drive better business management. Specifically, with continuous and interactive exploration and investigation of data, business analytics helps managers and executives gain new insights and understanding of business performance, predict changes and development of business patterns, and improve decision making on business strategies and planning.
This program aims to equip students with knowledge and tools that can help them derive useful information from business data and utilize the information intelligently in making faster and more effective business decisions. Graduates from this program are suitable for working in business consulting, finance, marketing, retailing, logistics, and other service industries.
The Master of Science Program in Business Analytics aims to equip students with knowledge and tools that can help them derive useful information from business data and utilize the information intelligently in making faster and more effective business decisions.
The Program is offered in a one-year Full-time mode. Our highly transformational curriculum offers a selected range of rigorous courses in business analytics, including statistical analysis, decision models, and applications, data mining for managers, economic analytics, operation analytics, etc.
This taught Master Program is designed for those who have an interest in exploring business relationships via analyzing business data and applying quantitative tools. The Full-time mode is particularly suitable for individuals from mainland China and other countries.
Medium of Instruction
In-class lectures and teaching materials are mainly in English, with the exception of courses in unique nature which teaching in Chinese is preferable.
The Program is offered in Full-time mode. Each academic year is divided into regular trimesters (13 weeks each) and an intensive summer term.
During regular trimesters, classes are held on a full-time basis while electives may be offered during evenings and/or on Saturday. Some courses are taught intensively over a two-to-three-week period.
Saturday and afternoon classes are held at the University's Shatin campus, whereas the weekday evening classes are usually held in the teaching centers in Kowloon Tong or Central, subject to classroom availability.
The admission requirements are as below:
1. General Requirements:
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree, normally with honors not lower than Second Class; OR
- graduated from an honors program of a recognized university with a Bachelor’s degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than “B” in undergraduate courses; OR
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honors degree.
2. English Language Proficiency Requirement by University:
- possess a passing grade in English in one of the following examinations: Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (AS Level), Hong Kong Higher Level Examination, CUHK Matriculation Examination; OR
- achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination; OR
- have a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country; OR
- have obtained a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country; OR
- submit one of the following scores for assessment by the program(s) concerned:
- TOEFL (Paper-based) 550
- TOEFL (Computer-based) 213
- TOEFL (Internet-based) 79
- GMAT (Verbal) 21
- IETLS (Academic) 6.5
3. GMAT Requirement by Program: (only scores taken in or after January 2012 will be considered)
- Applicants may register for the test online at www.mba.com. The GMAT institution code for Master of Science Program in Business Analytics is R9H-0W-71. Applicants shall make a request to the test organization for sending official GMAT score report (School Copy) directly to Program Office.
- GRE is accepted in lieu of GMAT. The GRE Institution/ Department code for Master of Science Program in Business Analytics is 3153/ 4301. Applicants shall make a request to the test organization for sending official GRE score report (Graduate Institute Score Report) directly to Program Office.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018