Our Master's programme in Business Administration - unlike other similar programmes - emphasizes the social processes that constitute organisations. How do social processes determine the ways in which organisations and management operate and perform? In addition, in Nijmegen we have chosen an integrated approach. This attention for the whole, including social relationships is what creates a better understanding of the importance of good management and can eventually increase the performance of organisations of all kinds.
Theory and action-based learning
This programme is closely associated with the research carried out within the Institute of Management Research, where the focus is on research into relationship management, institutional dynamics, decision making and innovative management. You will become familiar with both the theoretical and practical aspects of your special subject. The programme combines a thorough training in methodology with action-based learning: you apply the theory you have learned to concrete cases and learn to develop appropriate solutions. And, in our Visa Skills Lab, you can use computers to make scenario analyses and simulate decision-making processes within organisations.
The education and research training we provide are internationally oriented. You have the opportunity to take part in a Master’s level project on European Human Resource Management, a cooperative venture among six leading European business schools and universities. Here, you will work in a multi-cultural team and follow a consultancy in-company project in one of the six countries involved.
Graduates will find themselves in the most diverse range of management and policymaking positions in the business community, the government and the non-profit sector. They may advise administrators and managers, they may design plans and organisational models and may be involved in implementing them. In addition, some of our graduates will apply for a job as a researcher at universities and research institutes.
Before the programme starts, you will choose a specialisation:
- Business Analysis and Modelling
- Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Organisational Design and Development
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
As an international student your prior education must meet certain requirements.
1. A completed Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area.
Ideally, your Bachelor's degree should cover the following courses:
- Organisation Theory
- Human Resource Management
- Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
- Bachelor’s thesis of 12 EC
2. Proficiency in English
In order to take part in this programme, you need to have fluency in both written and spoken English. This requirement has been satisfied when the student meets one of the following conditions:
- Has successfully completed a three-year Bachelor's programme at a Dutch university.
- Is a citizen of Australia, Canada (with exception of Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
- Has successfully completed a Bachelor's programme that was taught completely in the English language in one of the following countries: EU/EEA-countries, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America.
- Has successfully completed a Master's programme from a Dutch university of applied sciences (HBO).
All other students need one of the following certificates (TOEFL and IELTS certificates may not be older than two years). No other certificates will be accepted:
- A TOEFL score of >90, with subscores not lower than 18
- A IELTS score of >6.5, with subscores not lower than 6.0
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) with a mark of C or higher
Based on your (academic) background we might require you to do a GMAT.
Programmes starting in September
- Non-EEA students: 1 April.
- EEA students: 1 May.
Pre-master for international academic students
If you do not meet the requirements set for direct admission, it is possible to be admitted to the one-year (60 ECs), pre-master’s programme. Finishing this programme grants direct access to the Master’s programme in Business Administration.
Both the Keuzegids Masters and the Bachelor’s programme information guide Keuzegids Universiteiten have now designated Radboud University as the ‘Best General University’ in the Netherlands.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2017