The primary goal of the M.S. in Biology is to develop the student's ability to think creatively and critically about a range of biological subject matter and to become familiar with current research in biology. This is done principally through graduate courses, seminars, and research experience with a faculty member.
Our program offers two options for the M.S. degree:
- Open Choice M.S.
- Thesis M.S.
Open Choice M.S. - This program is designed for students wishing to upgrade their expertise in the biology professions, explore or expand their interest in research, or broaden their base for making future career choices in the biological sciences.
Thesis M.S. - This program is designed for students who wish to gain an in-depth research experience.
- Application fee
- Personal statement
- Official GRE required
- GRE Subject Test in biology, biochemistry*, or chemistry strongly recommended
* The biology department is aware that the Biochemistry Subject Test was discontinued in December 2016. Scores may still be reported for five years after the testing date.
- GRE scores are not required for current Tufts undergraduates applying for Open Choice M.S
- Official TOEFL or IELTS, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 12, 2018