Over Five Decades of Excellence!
Master of Science in Big Data Analytics and Information Technology (MS BDA & IT)Degree is a unique program focused on technological innovations and challenges in the 21st century. The program is fully accredited by AACSB International. Recent graduates of programs in our department are working in organizations such as Apple, Amazon, Boeing, Cerner, DST Systems, Edward Jones, Facebook Inc., IBM, Microsoft, Sprint, Target, Wal-Mart, Yellow Freight, H & R Block and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Master of Science in Big Data Analytics & Information Technology is a 30-hour program.
Our 19-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means you’ll receive the personalized attention you deserve. You’ll learn from experienced faculty members who are nationally recognized scholars. They are dedicated to mentoring you and doing all they can to help you succeed.
Think quality, think MS BDA & IT
MS in Big Data Analytics and IT Admission Requirements
Admission is granted on the basis of a person's academic aptitude and potential evaluated through the academic record, work experience, and test scores. Courses completed prior to receipt of an undergraduate degree cannot be used toward the Big Data and Business Analytics degree.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5.
- GRE/GMAT is optional with 2.5+ years of work experience in IT field.
- GRE/GMAT is optional for people with degree in CIS/IT from AACSB accredited program with high GPA.
- A minimum GRE score of 290 or GMAT score of 500. Exception may be made on a case-by-case.
- Acceptance into the BDA & IT program is limited and highly competitive.
MS in Big Data Analytics and IT Degree Requirements
MS BDA & IT is a 30-hour program. At least 15 hours must be taken at 5000/6000 level.
- Applications Development using JAVA (3.0 hrs)
- Project Management (3.0 hrs)
- Advanced Systems Project (3.0 hrs)
- Managing Information Security in Organizations (3.0 hrs)
- Legal Environment of Information Systems (3.0 hrs)
Total Hours: 15.0 hrs
Concentration (12 hrs)
- Students must complete at least four of the following courses.
- Big Data Architecture (3.0 hrs)
- Data Resource Management (3.0 hrs)
- Business Intelligence and Analytics (3.0 hrs)
- Big Data Solutions for Business (3.0 hrs)
- Information Visualization for Big Data Analytics (3.0 hrs)
Graduate Electives (3 hrs)
Any graduate level CIS course approved by the advisor
- Economic Analysis for Business Decisions (3.0 hrs)
- Advanced Application Development Using Visual C# (3.0 hrs)
- Internet for the Enterprise (3.0 hrs)
- Internship in Computer Information Systems (3.0 hrs)
- Readings in Computer Information Systems (3.0 hrs)
A student is expected to take CIS 5670 - Internship in CIS to meet the elective requirements. If the student does not receive a paid internship, any other graduate level CIS elective course approved by the adviser, may be taken.
Required Undergraduate Background Courses (0-15 hrs)
The following undergraduate courses (or equivalents) are required. Some of the requirements may be waived for the Computer Information area. Undergraduate work already completed may be used to satisfy undergraduate background requirements.
- Programming in Visual C# (3.0 hrs)
- Principles of Data Comm. & Local Area Networking (3.0 hrs)
- Bus. app dev with Java (3.0 hrs)
- Database Management Systems * (3.0 hrs)
- Analysis & Design of CIS ** (3.0 hrs)
- Business Statistics I *** (3.0 hrs)
*This course has a prerequisite (CIS 1600). Student should take this course or an equivalent.
** This course has a prerequisite (CIS 3630). Graduate students can have this prerequisite waived by the department chair.
***This course has a prerequisite (Math 1111 or equivalent).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 6, 2018