Accredited by the French Conference des Grandes Ecoles.
In addition to giving you robust competencies in Banking and Finance, the MSc Banking, Finance, and FinTech program will help you develop full-scale expertise in FinTech (Financial Technology).
The MSc Banking, Finance and Fintech has evolved in response to the interactions with bankers and Fintech entrepreneurs, and tackles some of the key issues in those sectors. Thanks to its unique and rounded approach, students become experts in finance, banking and technology while cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset. While traditional banks have struggled to address the needs of SMEs, FinTechs have successfully penetrated this segment, creating many job opportunities along the way for future graduates. For all these reasons, this programme will put you on a fast track to employment in all aspects of Banking, Finance, or for an entrepreneurial role in technology startups.
Professor in Finance
- Acquiring a strong financial and banking culture and an understanding of new entrants in the FinTech sector, in-line with the expectations of business organizations.
- Finding employment either in Corporate Finance or in Fintech.
- Courses given entirely in English.
- Increasing needs expressed business organizations and startups for Online Client Advisors, Strategic Analysts, Web Business Developers, Project Managers, etc.
- A program located close to London, the first financial city in the world, and the global FinTech capital.
The program of MSc Banking, Finance, and FinTech covers all aspects of technology applied to the Banking sector.
- Introduction to Finance and Banking
- Fundamentals of Accounting & Finance
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Introduction to Banking
- Retail Banking
- Consumer and SME Banking
- Managerial Accounting
- Banking IT Systems (general architecture and tools)
- Elements of Investment Banking
- Corporate Finance & Investment Decisions
- Accounting & Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Instruments (Derivatives, Fixed Income Investments)
- Fintech: An Emerging Sector
- Evolution and Industrial Organisation of the FinTech Sector
- Connecting to the Real World
- Banking Business Context: Root Causes of Decline of Old Order
- Banking Business Context: Scenario
- Planning in the New Order
- Challenge 2: Banking
- Site Visits of Banks/Fintech in London
- Banking: Compliance
- Banking Regulations
- Audit & Risk Management
- Taxation and Legal Aspects for Projects and Company Management
- Banking: Fiduciary Responsibility
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Asset Management
- Fintech: Mindset and Advanced Tools
- Entrepreneurship Applied to Financial Services
- Project Management in Technology
- Object-Oriented Coding: Methodology and Coding
Selection based on the application file and individual motivation interview.
Please apply via the online application procedure.
Eligibility for application
The program is open to:
- Students who hold a four-year bachelor's degree or equivalent.
No English language test score is required for students holding a degree from an English-speaking university. For other applicants, language requirements are TOEIC 790, IELTS 6, TOEFL 83.
Due to the Covid-19 situation and the closure of some Exams Centres, we do offer the possibility for the candidate to take a Language Test online, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information: email@example.com.
- Application files submitted are reviewed with special attention paid to the seriousness of the file and the quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview via Skype with a Head of Academic Programme. This interview helps clarify the applicants' profile, their projects, their objectives. The final admission decision (offered or denied admission) is communicated a few days after this interview.
- Admitted candidates are notified formally and invited to make a down payment, later on, deducted from the tuition fees. This initial payment confirms the candidate's seat in the program and an unconditional letter of admission is then issued.
In order for our students to benefit from optimal learning conditions, places in our programs are limited. The number of remaining places is reviewed after each admission session. Whenever a cohort is full, admissions for the program are closed.
The application deadline for the 2020-2021 admission session is 15 May 2020.
In addition to the EM Normandy application form, international candidates must approach their local Campus France office to facilitate the process of obtaining their visa. Once the down payment has been received, the School will help International students with their visa procedures and search for accommodation.
General information about the employment
FinTech uses technology to meet the needs of clients working in Finance and Banking. The industry’s purpose is to make optimum use of technology so that it guarantees a more efficient service than traditional approaches to banking. While there are fewer jobs available in traditional Banking institutions, FinTech start-ups are growing. In just one year, the Joblift study revealed an average 14.1% monthly increase in FinTech jobs in France.
The sectors are Finance, Banking, and FinTech. FinTech occupations range from starting a business to many other positions such as:
- Online Customer Counsellor
- Strategic Analyst
- Web Business Developer
- Project Manager
Tuition Fees for 2020-2021
- Master of Science Banking, Finance and FinTech: €13,500
- €50 charged to candidates in order to study their profile
- As from September 2018, you will pay a €91 contribution to CEVC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus) by connecting to https://cvec.etudiant.gouv.fr/
- €575 membership fee for Association Alumni EM Normandie, which will give you access to all their services and a life membership (not compulsory).
Various options are offered to students to fund their studies:
- Grants: Campus France
- Paid student jobs offered by the School’s Junior Enterprise and Jobs Services
About the School
Over the last 25 years, the Chambers of Commerce of Caen and Le Havre have combined their efforts to set up a joint structure in Higher Education for the benefit of their respective towns and regions. ... Read More