Just as electricity brought about far-reaching changes over 100 years ago, artificial intelligence (AI) has fundamentally started to change our lives. AI is the next phase of the industrial revolution and has established itself firmly in our society. Almost all branches of industry have been affected by the ongoing transformation through its algorithms.
The Master of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Programme addresses this transformation by providing students with the broad and in-depth skills required of experts working in and developing AI. Moreover, data science forms an integral part of this study program. AI experts need to be able to obtain, process, and store enormous amounts of data, which is at the root of AI and development processes.
Unique to master programs in this field, is the integrated internship that students are required to complete and enables them to put theory to practice.
In addition, the MAID study program serves to strengthen the EU goals of cooperative learning, research, and teaching. Due to the cross-border nature of the study program, its embeddedness in regional high-tech companies, and its international character, students will not only gain expertise and practice in this field but benefit from a diverse student body that will promote intercultural competence and provide a solid foundation for innovation.
Course Fact Sheet
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
- Start: March (summer semester)
- Location: Deggendorf
- Course language: 100% English
- Course highlights:
- A joint degree program, with a min. of 1 compulsory semester in South Bohemia (Ceske Budejovice/Budweis), Czech Republic
- Compulsory internship
- Admission requirements:
- Bachelor degree in AI, Data Science, Computer Science or closely related field
- A minimum of 18 ECTS from AI or Data Science courses
- English level B2
- Fees: No tuition fees, only €62 student service fee per semester
- Contact: General inquiries about studying at DIT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Software engineer - AI specialist
- System architect - AI specialist
- Machine learning engineer
- Machine learning researcher
- Data scientist
- Data analyst
- Software and systems designer
- IT manager
- Software developer
- Software Analyst
- Business Intelligence (BI) developer
- Business Intelligence (BI) officer
Overview of lectures and courses, SWS (Semesterwochenstunden = weekly hours/semester) and ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) in the Bachelor's degree Applied Computer Sciences.
|Artificial Intelligence and Software Development||4||5|
|Theoretical Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence||6||8|
|Advanced Machine Learning||4||5|
|German or Czech||2||2|
|Semester 2 (at the University of South Bohemia)||SWS||ECTS|
|Mathematics for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science||4||6|
|Advanced-Data Storage and Analyses||4||6|
|Parallel Programming and Computing||3||4|
|German or Czech||2||2|
|Advanced topics in AI||4||5|
*All 4 electives must be chosen in consultation with the MAID study coordinator. Electives must have relevance for AI and/or data science.
About the School
Founded in 1994, we are a modern, multi-award-winning and excellently equipped university teaching undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses designed around the demands of national and global busi ... Read More