- Degree awarded: Master of Science in Applied Physics (MSc)
- Workload: 120 ECTS
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: 2 years
- Pre-Requisites: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in natural sciences or technical sciences (material science, environmental mechanics, engineering mathematics).
- Tuition fees and scholarships: 1 ECTS = 55 EUR. Nominal study load per 1 year = 60 ECTS/€3300, 10 tuition fee waiver scholarships available that guarantee free studies.
- Number of places available: 15
Master's program in Applied Physics is aimed for those who are interested in innovative engineering in design and application companies. The program provides interdisciplinary education covering engineering, physics, and math in an effort to bridge the gap between theoretical science and practical engineering. Studies cover a wide spectrum of topics: nanotechnology, quantum topics, solar cells, experimental solid state physics and econophysics. Additionally, it is possible to opt for more theoretical projects, such as computer simulation of physical systems, modeling of turbulence and complex systems (e.g. biological or social networks).
Future career options
The graduates of the program have skills applicable in a broad sphere, such as engineers or project managers in high-tech startup companies or well-established companies in the field of energy, nanotechnology, data mining, measuring laboratories etc.
- The teaching staff has the latest high-level experience and know-how.
- Students can do their practices and master’s thesis in modern laboratories, for instance in the ones developing solar cells and semiconductor materials.
- Collaboration with Swedbank in the field of econophysics.
- TUT collaborates with National Institute of Chemical Physics and Biophysics where students with interest in scientific research are welcome to work on their master’s thesis.
Program specific requirements
Please pay attention as, this program you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in natural sciences or technical fields.
- Skype interview - will be conducted to candidates who have passed the preliminary evaluation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 29, 2018