Khalifa University of Science and Technology offers Graduate Research / Teaching Assistant (GRTA) scholarships to support qualified international students enrolled in graduate programs.
The scholarship provides generous remuneration and benefits that include:
- Full coverage of tuition fees.
- Medical insurance coverage for students under the Khalifa University visa.
- Support to attend international research conferences.
- The indicative monthly stipend for GRTA Scholarship is as follows (subject to change).
We will start taking applications starting November 1st, 2018 for the next intake in September 1st, 2019.
The degree of Master of Science in Applied Chemistry is awarded to candidates who successfully complete the academic courses and research thesis requirements of the program. The program is intended for candidates with a bachelor degree in chemistry or other related specialization. The program’s typical length is four semesters, with the first three semesters requiring the completion of a combination of coursework and thesis work, and the final semester only requiring thesis work and writing. The program is designed to give candidates an opportunity to enhance their knowledge of chemistry and develop research expertise and skills in instrumentation and methodology that will prepare them for careers in applied chemistry or to pursue a doctorate degree.
- Provide a pool of highly trained professionals who can utilize their acquired knowledge in applied chemistry and skills in instrumentation and methods to contribute to the technical and research expertise of their employer.
- Prepare graduates with outstanding educational skills and knowledge in applied chemistry and related areas to further their career aspirations.
- Prepare students with effective communication and teamwork skills in areas related to applied chemistry to function successfully in their careers.
- Provide students with sufficient expertise in applied chemistry to design and develop innovative solutions to complex scientific problems in the oil and gas industry.
- Provide students with a quality education in applied chemistry in an academic environment committed to excellence and innovation that fosters leadership, professionalism and life-long learning and successful careers.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Applied Chemistry, the graduates will:
- Be able to apply advanced concepts of fundamental and applied chemistry to the formulation and solution of complex problems in the oil and gas and related industries.
- Develop and publish results of their research (if satisfactory) in peer-reviewed journals.
- Have sufficient experience to successfully begin a Ph.D. program in applied chemistry in a recognized university.
- Be equipped with the knowledge and skills in applied chemistry to meet the requirements of appropriate job opportunities at chemical companies.
About the School
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Ins ... Read More