The aim of the study is to provide Amenity Horticulture Engineers with the ability to work independently in order to create and sustain the healthy human environment. They are aware of the ecological needs of plants and their propagation methods. They are able to fill planning and development engineering, research or leadership positions or continue their studies for a Ph.D. degree.
- Education is running on a full-time course.
The Amenity Horticulture Engineers are able to
- apply the newest research results and methods as well as practical processes in horticulture and plant selection
- fill leadership positions in horticulture and green area planting considering scientific, environmental, technological and economic requirements
- apply the complex, interdisciplinary knowledge in connection with ornamental plants concerning cultivation, sale, quality control, and sustainability
- apply and develop ornamental plant cultivation systems with regard to the environment
- identify scientific problems and find solutions to them using and managing research and development programs and projects
- critically adapt and creatively apply scientific literature
- identify special problems, work out solutions, carry out innovative planning, development and research tasks
- provide special counseling
- manage projects and tenders
- organize and control cultivation processes, apply research results.
Requirements for entering the program
For foreign citizens:
- academic BSc/MSc or equivalent degree in agricultural/life or related sciences;
- English language (reading, writing, speaking, listening) knowledge.
Candidates are expected to have basic science knowledge (demonstrated in the transcript) in life sciences, natural resources, agriculture, economics. Based on the credits of the applicants obtained in former graduation, additional maximum 24 credits from missing disciplines may be required during the study.
Also eligible are applicants who will have completed a suitable degree by 31 July 2013, so that by the time of their enrollment they can present their diploma.
Candidates from countries where English is not the language of instruction need to have an internationally accepted English exam: TOEFL iBT min. 65, PBT 500, CBT 200 or IELTS at least a score of 5,5 or Cambridge CAE Certificate). These can be replaced by documentation of at least 2 years closed higher education study in an English program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018